Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Giacalone
Wasn't Patty DeFilippo in contact with Joe after he moved out west?

"unofficially" many guys were. But officially both Joe and his son Bill were outcasts and persona non grata.

(Also, I don't believe for one split second that Joe Bonanno was "consulted" either before, or after, the hit on Galante. What the fuck did they care about what Bonanno thought at that point in time?). He was old news and amounted to nothing in CN at that point for many years already. He was a non-entity by then.

I disagree NYM. In my opinion, the international drug trade is above LCN. Galante was always gonna be associated with Bonanno. Galante (and not taking anything away from the guy) gets alot of credit as far as the establishment of the Canada and the Heroin but Bonanno did alot of that himself.

I am a believer in their is "truth in each lie". There was a rumor that Carmine was sending tribute to Bonanno after he got out of jail. Now I'm in now way inferring that Joe had any power in NY but just because Tony Ducks, Big Paul, Carmine The Snake and Fat Tony didn't deal with him didn't mean Galante didn't. And Galante wasn't a nobody. That's a problem. Also I would think it came from within the Family. It could've been a simple message that his envelopes were gonna stop. Or it could've been a question of how involved he was with Galante? Which could lead to the understanding that the guy is about to "go". Maybe they wanted to get Galante's drug contacts and Bonanno played the middleman. It could've been many reasons

You cross all your T's and dot all your i's, when hitting a guy like this. Do you think if Vito Genovese was gonna get hit in 1959, Lucky Luciano wouldn't be in the loop? And you could argue how much sway either way Luciano still had at that point. I only use it as an example. Sammy the Bull said "you go to anywhere you could get possible blowback". Maybe the just wanted to feel Bonanno out and that was all. And he in turn gave them his "blessing" by saying he wasn't already/gonna get involved. Who knows but I think it happened to some extent.

Last edited by Dob_Peppino; 02/17/22 10:58 AM.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano