Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
I have a question about Anthony Carfano; I know he was a Luciano/Genovese captain but how powerful was he?? He’s rarely talked about on these boards.

He was whacked in fall of 1959 because he was opposed to Vito Genovese being boss of the family.

I read a while back that he was called to meetings with Catena/Strollo and Miranda to smooth things out; but he failed to show up. This probably sealed his fate….

What was the reason for him to be so bold?? Was he really that powerful to miss meetings with the administration. I also know he was close with Albert Anastasia (I would love to know more about the extent of partnership and friendship) They had been close since C:1954 or so…

Would love some responses!

Antonio (Little Augie Pisano) Carfano, was one of the MOST powerful and original members of the Luciano/Genovese family. He even "predated" the formation of that borgata, dating all the way back to the early Napolitani/Calabrese "Camorra" of Downtown Brooklyn in the 1910s-1920s era. He was a contemporary of such iconic historical Camorrista as Frankie Yale. After Yale's killing, Carfano and other went on to amalgamate with a blended Luciano crew.

But Little Augie was a very serious, and very respected, mafioso!

He probably played a role in Yale's murder. He was also linked to the murder of Frank Marlow.

https://www.nytimes.com/1929/06/25/...ng-feud-frank-marlow-former-cabaret.html

"The king is dead, long live the king!"