In Arizona, California, and Connecticut. was where Bill Bonanno was making his money. His hand was not in New York or New Jersey, except for stolen checks, and credit cards. Those loyal to the Bonannos were into gambling, shylock, burglary, construction, garment industry, trucking, grand theft auto, unions, credit card scams, narcotics, and extortion. Also keep in mind when the split happened, a lot of their lucrative business revenues went with the renegade faction, notable those involved in the garment industry, numbers, loansharking, gambling, and narcotics. Bill Bonanno had to get his hands in on the streets to help out the family finances. He really was not a street guy and according to Peter Notaro his brother and Frank Labruzzo told Bill to stay at the safe house when they needed to make sure people were paying up. His reputation was that he was the bosses son, so members paid respect, now when he was up for nomination of Consigliere and got the position it was his fathers old friends and blood family that supported Bill, but Digregorio and two dozen other guys in the family balked at Bill and wanted another election, funny thing about it, is the break away faction was three different groups that came into one, cause they found out that they were not the only group that voiced their complaint on Bill Bonanno getting the position, so the two dozen turn into 40 made members at the start to 70 before 1966. Bill Bonanno and Gaspare Digregorio were two of the four nominees. One issue in all this was Gaspare Digregorio listening to Magaddino and making the first move in the killing of Carlo Simari, then there was the ambush in Manhattan which made Tommy Lucchese to push Paul Sciacca as Gaspare Digregorio right hand man, then the Troutman street shootout had New York remove Digregorio and told Magaddino that his advice is no longer needed. Bill Bonanno was really not respected by the crime family. He ended up hiding out in Connecticut for awhile during this time, so which cost the Bonanno loyalist a few more valuable members to switch sides, with one member going to Canada to stay with the Grecos, also at the time the Cotronis were thinking of splitting from the Bonannos for two reasons, first their first meeting with Bill Bonanno they were not impressed and felt he was dealt with kid gloves, second he went into hiding in Connecticut and did not have a message relay setup between him and Montreal forcing the Cotronis to use an old retired messenger to get messages across the boarder, which took months to get a reply only for their deals and schemes die out on the vine. This was the time that Montreal decided to do things their way instead of waiting on the administration orders, however Montreal still respected protocol and any guys that needed to he killed or bring new blood into the family, they still reach out to New York Bonannos for those rulings and orders.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green