Originally Posted by jace
Bill Bonanno said that in 1957 they banned drugs, people take his word on the things they like, yet all him a liar or self-serving when they don't like what he said. I think it is as it seems, they banned drugs, but members secretly dealt. If caught by their bosses, many were killed.

Jace I disagree. Not with the "they banned drugs in 1957" statement because as I said, I think some Families took a hard stance and others decided to refine it/ confine it to certain crews. I have no doubt that, most of the rank and file were told that but certain guys had that "blessing" from whoever they needed and the envelopes kept going up

I believe that Joe Bonanno was very blatant and He (not Vito Genovese) actually could make his part of the Heroin trade nationwide (almost by himself). The heat was on Bonanno legally. The Canadian government knew who and why he was there. He got detained there. He was getting subpoenaed in the N.Y. They were gonna connect him to the drugs eventually through Galante.

Speaking of Bill Bonanno, GV do you know (if any) what exactly Bill Bonanno had in the streets? Things with his uncle Frank Labruzzo, The DeFilippos, The Depasquales?? And did he at least have a decent reputation before the Bananas war or always lacked respect???

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano