From 1969 to 1970 yes there was much mistrust. Paul Sciacca became a little more paranoid after Frank Mari and Mike Adamo tried to take over. When Gaspare Magaddino was killed, a lot of people could sleep at night. After that there was more trust, but there was still two main groups that socialized with each other but preferred to stay with their own crowds. There was talk by loyalists of Joe Bonanno the Joe should come back and lead the family after Paul Sciacca stepped down in 1971. Anthony Cosenza and Frank Tartamella had family in Arizona with Joe Bonanno, they actually spoke for the Bonannos that were still loyal to Joe Bonanno in New York and it was settled that they would vote for Natale Evola as boss, but the Commission picked for them, general census is that they picked Evola cause he was reasonable to everyone. By 1972, the Bonannos got their seat back on the Commission. 1973 Evola dies and Rastelli is the strongest contender, but there was resentment from an unknown hitman in the family that was on Troutman st in 1966, but he died a few months before Rastelli became boss, I want to say the unknown member was Joseph DiFilippo but some things are off on that connection.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green