Originally Posted by DillyDolly
*The Bonannos (post 1968) aren't the same organization (or drawing from the same historical lineage). And lost power, prestige and money.

This is where I have to disagree with you. The Bonannos are still very much in touch with their roots, even to this day. According to Italian law enforcement:

Francesco Domingo, is the Mafia don of Castellammare del Golfo, in the Province of Trapani, Sicily, which is likely the birthplace of the Bonanno Family. According to various investigations, Domingo has maintained close relations with the American Mafia, in particular the Bonanno Family. In fact, Bonanno affiliates have made numerous visits to Domingo's villa in Sicily. Here they would ask Domingo for permission to speak with members of the Mafia family based in Alcamo, also in the Province of Trapani. The traveling Bonannos also conveyed messages between Domingo and his associates in the United States. Domingo was arrested in June 2020, along with 12 other members of the Castellamarese Family.

I think many of these so-called "experts" talk out of turn, or speak too soon, without knowing what the hell they're even talking about. The Bonannos were indeed still a powerhouse after 1968, and while they may have been booted off the Commission, they still held their own and were probably the Family with the closest ties to the old country.

Well maybe I spoke too soon, but I try to stay away from modern LCN things (aA. Because its current and B. I don't find it as interesting).
I know there was a "Domingo" in the Bonannos in the early days so I am familiar with the name. I will say this, an "expert" doesn't mean you know everything, which I never claimed.
I will say this, the Bonnano come from a clan of Families (Bonanno/Bonventre/Magaddino) and some subsidiary families from the past. These aren't the same groups that modern guys are associated too. And that's my point however, if you'd wanna be techincal, there was (and is) other powerful bloodlines from Sicily (in this case, Castellamare Del Golfo). The current Bonannos are probably dealing with the historical rival factions in CDG. I could be wrong.

One thing I want to point out since we're on the topic. In the late 50's, there was a mafioso from CDG named Guiseppe Buccelato. Historically, the Buccelatos warred against the Bonannos/Bonventre/Magaddino. Once in America, he became affiliated with the Bonnanos in Brooklyn. He was one of the guys who sided with Gaspare DiGregorio and Paul Sciacca. I brought him up for two points.
1.) Just this one guy can tell you about the change in the make-up of the Organization from both a mentally not just from an Americanized standpoint but even from the homeland guys.
2.) There are other Families of influence in CDG but if its not the particular clan I'm referring too, its something different. The Genovese and Gambino Families have well known crews that can trace back 100 years in this country. They have crews that trace directly to Lucky Luciano and Vito Genovese.The Bonannos don't have that same organizational history. There isn't that same connection to Joe Bonanno. That's all I've been saying

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano