Originally Posted by alicecooper
So...the guy he hired to do the hit, who went to the commission...there is dispute as to whether he was truthful? I had not heard that before.

How did Bonnano respond when that accusation was made to him? Deny, admit, lie, silence, etc?

I'm going to Google the Grande connection. I had always heard rumors about milk hauling operators in Wisconsin being mobbed up but could never really find anything about it. Can you add anything to that part?

1.) Joe Colombo was personally close to Carlo Gambino. Colombo didn't "go to the Commission" per se, he went to his personal friend to warn him. That's a big difference. Joe Colombo and Sally The Shiek Mussachio were tasked with the hit from Magliocco. Apparently Bill Bonanno drove Magliocco to the meeting. Colombo informed Gambino of this.

2.) As I stated, Bonanno sent word to Lucchese that he wasn't involved. Later Joe Zerilli and Angelo Bruno failed to inform Bonanno "properly" about a Commission meeting and Bonanno stalled. (As well as dealing with his legal problems at the time)

3.) I don't have info on Milk hauling in Wisconsin, though it sounds intriguing. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a connection

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano