Originally Posted by alicecooper
I was hoping you'd chime in, Lou. I also saw it says Richter took over by force. Did you ever hear any details on that?

I heard there are some Pagans in Arizona now. If that's true it could kind of be their test run for California. Now that barger went back to California there is some speculation everybody is going to open up shop there and 81 will lose their grip on the state. Arizona, that is.

One thing that has surprised me over the years is how it sounds like since the 80s the Bandidos were the true overall powerhouse, but they stayed below the radar. They were apparently the ones back in the 80s (I think) that called 81 and the Outlaws together to establish some territory lines to curb problems. And neither club pushed back against them.

Also I'm sure I saw a story once that George Wegers son got roughed up in Sturgis one year by some Angels and Weger and crew went to the Angels and he basically picked Barger up off the ground by his collar in front of everyone and they took it.

It's a bit convoluted,but here are the broad strokes of the Richter/Katona saga

Conan pushed Michael Trone out of the top seat in 2017
Trone,was Sergeant-at Arms under former Pres David Barbeito.
In June 2003, Trone and Barbeito went to St. Albans WV and forced the chapter brass to surrender their colors. Trone pleaded no contest to kidnapping charges and got five years suspended sentence
Black Bart was indicted for racketeering in 2009, convicted and stepped down as Pres. Katona succeeded Trone as Sergeant at Arms, then became boss for two years until he was nailed in 2011 on drug and weapons charges.
A guy named James (Jersey Jim) Coles became boss with the understanding that it was a temporary arrangement, and was really an acting Boss .Trone took over in 2013. Richter by then had finished his Racketeering and attempted murder sentence and was back on the scene.
After Trone stepped down, Richter was voted in by the membership as the Pagan’s new national president..

Rooster, by then was still a Member,but didn't hold any rank,due to his drug case and ongoing legal (and newsworthy) battles. Upon Richter taking power, Rooster, who really didn’t like the direction that Conan was taking the Pagans started his own Club, the Sutars Soldiers. He also was very upset that other Pagan’s snitched on him in his drug case. He took a few other old school guys with him..
After he left, Conan declared him “out bad”.
There is no love lost between the two.
If you check out the Sutarssoldiersmc Facebook page, and go back in the archives, you can find some of Roosters more interesting comments about Mr. Richter.

Last edited by Lou_Para; 02/01/22 12:25 AM.