GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ben54, 2 invisible), 669 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,506
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,531
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,445
Posts1,061,083
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: NYMafia] #1028913
01/26/22 01:21 PM
01/26/22 01:21 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

And for the record as DD says, I am not getting offended at all and don't consider it an "attack on my intellect" as you stated. Unless you call defending my position on the subject getting offended or feeling "attacked."

Nobody is "attacking" me here. Nor am I "attacking" anyone back. I don't view dissenting opinions as attacks against me. So please don't misinterpret my supporting my viewpoints as being hostile. Because they are not.

Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: NYMafia] #1028921
01/26/22 02:57 PM
01/26/22 02:57 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
No, the answer to those questions are not exclusive, but does take time to "research". The fact that you put forth a theory and say this is the way it is, and dont answer the questions presented to you by side stepping them and saying that it doesn't affect your theory. When in fact the answers to those questions answers a lot of why things and events went the way they did. You say you are tired of people copying your work and presenting as their own work when in fact you have been caught doing the exact same thing.
Final questions, why did Joe Biondo and Joe Riccobono twist Carlo Gambinos arm in keeping Aniello Dellacroce out of harm's way? What could a soldier like Dellacroce have done or be worth saving for? Why did Gambino shelf Biondo instead of out right ordering him killed? Who was Joe Biondo on good talking terms with that could guarantee his survival? Why was Joe Riccobono made Consigliere over Arthur Leo or Joe Traina? Why did more members in the Gambino family and other families believe what Riccobono was saying about Albert Anastasia and the reason Anastasia had to be killed?

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1028922
01/26/22 02:59 PM
01/26/22 02:59 PM
M
MafiaStudent Offline
MafiaStudent  Offline

M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
No, the answer to those questions are not exclusive, but does take time to "research". The fact that you put forth a theory and say this is the way it is, and dont answer the questions presented to you by side stepping them and saying that it doesn't affect your theory. When in fact the answers to those questions answers a lot of why things and events went the way they did. You say you are tired of people copying your work and presenting as their own work when in fact you have been caught doing the exact same thing.
Final questions, why did Joe Biondo and Joe Riccobono twist Carlo Gambinos arm in keeping Aniello Dellacroce out of harm's way? What could a soldier like Dellacroce have done or be worth saving for? Why did Gambino shelf Biondo instead of out right ordering him killed? Who was Joe Biondo on good talking terms with that could guarantee his survival? Why was Joe Riccobono made Consigliere over Arthur Leo or Joe Traina? Why did more members in the Gambino family and other families believe what Riccobono was saying about Albert Anastasia and the reason Anastasia had to be killed?

When has NYMafia been "caught" copying anyone's work?

Edit: I ask this because I had to put protective measures on the site after finding NUMEROUS people who have lifted our original work not only all over the web and social media but also on YOUTUBE...so I literally had to file numerous copyright infringements which I won.

Oh, also these people who lifted our work, admitted lifting our work, and then add: "You have great content." To which I reply: We do. That's why everyone steals it.

So. I'll wait while you tell me how we were "caught."

Last edited by MafiaStudent; 01/26/22 03:54 PM.
Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: MafiaStudent] #1028926
01/26/22 04:33 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by MafiaStudent

When has NYMafia been "caught" copying anyone's work?

Edit: I ask this because I had to put protective measures on the site after finding NUMEROUS people who have lifted our original work not only all over the web and social media but also on YOUTUBE...so I literally had to file numerous copyright infringements which I won.

Oh, also these people who lifted our work, admitted lifting our work, and then add: "You have great content." To which I reply: We do. That's why everyone steals it.

So. I'll wait while you tell me how we were "caught."

Ain't that the truth! LOL.... I don't need to copy anyones work. (I wouldn't waste my time with 90% of the trash and incorrect information most of these so-called researchers write anyway. I have way too much integrity and knowledge of the subject matter to do that). Period!!

Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1028927
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss

I'd like to know the answers to these questions....

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1028956
01/27/22 04:10 AM
01/27/22 04:10 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Like the saying goes, "Don't hate the player! Hate the game!"

Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: NYMafia] #1028959
01/27/22 04:59 AM
01/27/22 04:59 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Albert Anastasia and Frank Costello hits are tied, both Calabrese and their factions had become too powerful.

Last edited by Hollander; 01/27/22 04:59 AM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: NYMafia] #1028960
01/27/22 05:09 AM
01/27/22 05:09 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In '56 Joe Adonis was either sent to prison or returned voluntarily to Italy . He chose the latter. Adonis was a strongman of Costello's, that was the beginning of the feud. With Adonis gone the real troubles started.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: Hollander] #1028961
01/27/22 05:28 AM
01/27/22 05:28 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Hollander
In '56 Joe Adonis was either sent to prison or returned voluntarily to Italy . He chose the latter. Adonis was a strongman of Costello's, that was the beginning of the feud. With Adonis gone the real troubles started.

Correct Hollander. Frank and Albert (as fellow Calabrese) were said to be extremely tight and usually backed one another play. The deposing of one allowed for a crack in there armor to bang out the other one. Thats accepted fact and certainly makes sense.

Joe Adonis was deported by to Italy under threat by the U.S. Government. But once there, Adonis had lots of money, tangible assets, and sources of racket and legit income back in America that allowed him to so live out his life in luxury, not wanting for nothing.

As you mentioned he was also close to Costello. So was Willy Moretti for that matter who was another Calabrese very close to Costello. In fact Frank elevated Moretti to serve as his trusted underboss for years. Until of course Vito schemed to get Willy killed in 1951.

So between sheer fate and several backdoor machinations, Frank was slowly weakened to the point on becoming vulnerable.

Re: Why was Albert Anastasia killed? [Re: NYMafia] #1028962
01/27/22 05:32 AM
01/27/22 05:32 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Another good saying that you often hear nowadays is, "They hate ya, cause they ain't ya!"

These words can certainly be applied to Frank Costello's situation, and many other scenarios as well.

Frank was so good at what he did. So successful at what he did, that he actually made it look easy. Many people in both the underworld and the upper-world were in awe of him for that. But like anything else in life, there are always a few haters out there also. History tells us that Frank Costello obviously had his. The biggest of which was Vito, who in particular was obsessed with him and took years to try and plot Costello's downfall.

PS: But it actually backfired on Vito. No sooner had he deposed Frank, Vito was jailed and died behind prison walls like a dog at approximately 71 years old...Frank on the other hand, lived the remainder of his life in spender. He died of natural causes in his own bed between silk sheets (with his shoes off), at the very respectable age of 83.

I'd rather be Frank over Vito any day of the week. Frank had real talent and business acumen. Vito had only viciousness and venom. How bout you guys?

Last edited by NYMafia; 01/27/22 06:25 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull