Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Originally Posted by CNote
The "Yuppie Don", really? He doesn't even rate this thread, tell me when he made his bones? The only reason he was made was because his old man was locked up and Franzese quit school to help support his family.

He never killed anyone...If it wasn’t for his dad he wouldn’t even have been a member..The only reason the gas scam fell into his lap is the Russians reached out to his father for help with protection and licensing for the gas stations but because Sonny was on Parole he passed the deal to Michael...

Guys had to kill over and over for sometimes decades to get made...All Michael had to do to get made was drive Tommy Dibella around ,show up for meetings on time and partner with Mush Russo in deals that his father gave him and his “apprenticeship” lasted a whole fucking year(what a fucking joke)without his father he would have been the mobs piece of cheese to feed off of and cut up anyway they wanted!

Bruh... 2 things......

1. Nepotism is a thing in that family.

Didnt they catch some guys on the Jaguar bugs like, when were they talking about whether or not the life was good enough for your kids, that the Colombos " Make all their sons over there..." or some shit like that?

You cant tell me ANY, (and I'm including Carmine here) of the Persicos, beyond a capability for violence, were REALLY good bosses, or CREATED ANYTHING for that family, arguably ever. Generational nepotism hurt that family more than anything.

2. Did you read the account of his sitdown with Gotti, from the other perspective. What Gotti told him was very true as far as how the streets work. Gotti allegedly told him," You cant win this, go get whoever you want, your father, I dont give a fuck, he cant fight for you!!"

That's how the streets work. Al Trucchio or Spiritos kid can get a stripe, sure. But at the end of the day, you gotta stand on your own 2 feet in the streets. You think Bascianos kids can just stand on their pops reputation? That nepotism shit can do as much harm as good. It doesnt mean you are really respected, it's like a desk jockey cop or military guy, vs a real field veteran. Real always respects real.

3. His first application of the Daisey chain was actually with Louis Fenzas Japan Lines company. Repairing phantom shipping containers. Was that because of his pops?
What did any of his car dealerships have to do with Sonny? Did he need Sonny for his Union construction stuff? I could see that.....
What about the Security Guard Union?

Again... I dont really get why you guys are more interested in the man over the methods. Like I'm not into Roy Demeo, like the GUY. But his stolen car ring was something else.