Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Also the book “Cigar City Mafia” touches on it as well....

I've been under the impression that conversation took place closer to Marcello's death. However, I don't see where it's stated that it was a wiretap from 1986. Notice that Davis refers to a source who heard the taps. Not that he heard the tape or got the transcript in his 350 pages of transcript. Not saying it didn't happen, I'm sure it did. I'm just wondering about the timing. Plus we're talking Davis here. He got a lot of shit wrong. Something to try and sort out though.[/quote]

Reds Pontani was indicted and held without bail in 1988, so it had to be before 88 and the wiretaps were from 85 to 86 in the case so it was during that time period
[/quote]

Your confusing authors none of this had anything to do w Davis the author of kingfish
These are FBI wiretaps
Marcello was a greedy old school boss who didn’t give a fuck about the family only about himself that’s why he didn’t make members cause he didn’t want to share or take the risk of going to prison. I think a lot of his mythology was just that myth and his heyday was the 50s. By the 80s he was basically finished and his family grew old and decrepit He didn’t control all crime in New Orleans that was bullshit, and his connections through the teamsters and others was because he was part of the mafia not becuase he himself had all this union control...it was the same story in places like Tampa,Milwaukee and even Cleveland to a certain degree for that matter. These bosses reputations were overblown. There families as a whole were nothing like they’re bosses reps especially by the 70s and 80s. There was no comparison between them and the real Cosa Nostra families that existed in New York,Chicago,New Jersey,Philadelphia,New England,Pittsburgh,Detroit and Kansas City [/quote]

When I asked you for a link you provided the one to Dexter's site. Dexter got the info from MK which he cites. If you go to the info in MK that he cites it brings you to page 533. Davis explains that he did not hear the tapes or get that info from a transcript of the tapes. "According to a source that heard the wiretaps" is all he gives.