Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Originally Posted by Ronn
Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Originally Posted by Ronn
Marcello died in 1993. After his death Anthony Carollo (Son of "Silver dollar" Sam Carollo) took over. Joe Marcello was demoted to a Capo. But by that time there wasn't much left to take over. They were soon busted skimming the newly legal video poker machines in Operation Hardcrust and that kinda wiped out what was left. From what I understand their strawmen benefitted more from that than the Family did. Carollo died in 2007. I've heard several different names running what's left, which ain't much.

Anthony Carrolla was running things by the mid 80s....Marcello lost his mind in prison
The mob was already extremely small and not very active by the time Marcello went to prison and Carrolla tried to revive things a bit by working with The Gambinos,Genovese,Tampa and Philadelphia...
Marcello stopped making people by the early 60s....

I've heard something similar but have also heard Carollo took over shortly before Marcello's death. Joe was supposedly running things in Carlos's stead. I've seen nothing concrete either way. As I understand it Carollo brought the Genovese and Gambino's in on the skim for their experience. Yep, Carlos didn't Make many guys. I've only found info on about 8 guys or so.

There’s a wiretap from 1986 between Carrolla and Reds Pontani where Carrolla is telling him Carlos Marcello is finished and that the Marcellos aren’t shit anymore and that Philly is free to bring drugs into New Orleans...

Got a link to that?