Originally Posted by DillyDolly
Same old story, the mob ain't what it used to be, blah blah blah. Everyone knows this, I haven't met one person who thinks otherwise. Those other gangs just aren't interesting, who cares about the drug trade and shitty prostitution, where's the loansharking, illegal gambling, union control and legitimate business infiltration. That's right, those shitbag gangs you mentioned don't have any clout there. Who cares that there's more money in drugs and the cartels make more, still not as fascinating. From what I've seen on Facebook on gangster movie fan pages, Gomorrah is way more popular than Narcos, people will never be as fascinated with the cartels as they are with the mob. Just look at all the rappers who steal Mafia names, trying to make their names sound Italian because their own names are dull and boring. Everyone loves to bash the mob, but yet they can't seem to get off their nut sacks.

You're kidding, right? All criminals go in for money and power. Not honor, not loyalty, not illegal gambling and union control lol. Where the money and the power lies, the criminals will gravitate towards.

You're saying cartels aren't as fascinating as the mob? The cartels in Mexico literally hold the country. They're more intertwined with politicians than the mob EVER was in the US. They openly kill and appoint their own people in positions of power. The situation is very similar in Italy, but not in the US.

Rappers who steal mafia names? I don't know if you listen to rap, but every other rapper makes a reference to Pablo Escobar or El Chapo at one point of their career.

And not sure if you've ever heard of Narco corridors - a literal genre of music whose only purpose is to sing about different cartel members/leaders and the things that they do.