The amount of informants due to the Amuso and Casso violent reign is downright staggering; A lot of guys were marked for death; Some captains were killed; Etc: Mike Salerno; Mike Pappadio; Buddy Luongo; Even Neil Migliore an old timer who was made over 20 years before Casso and Amuso had a hit attempt made on his life…. Luckily he survived …

Anybody who posed a threat to the Casso and Amuso leadership were undermined and deemed rats were murdered or maimed… even blood family members of guys were being targeted…

My question is; How did Sal Avellino escape their bloody reign??? He was a white-collar guy who had a lot of clout… He made a lot of money and was close to Tony Ducks Corallo… I believe if things were set up right; He could have become boss; but I think those Jaguar tapes curtailed his accession to the top spot…

Also got to remember; Some guys wanted Avellino gone due to those Jaguar tapes but Corallo gave him a “pass” and told his guys to leave “Sal alone”

Why was Sal Avellino spared by Casso and Amuso after Corallo got life In prison; (After all; Avellino. could have threatened their leadership) and Corallo couldn’t protect him then… Casso and Amuso could have had him whacked for “any” reason they wanted but they didn’t… why?

Would love opinions!

Last edited by Zavattoni; 10/29/21 02:14 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.