Originally Posted by JCrusher
First off I know in the book that Neri is responsible for Moe Greene’s death but in the film he is tasked with taking out Barzini. Given the fact that all the hits were carried out by trusted members who do you think took out Moe? I know that Pentangeli wasn’t created until after the first film but he would actually make sense given the fact that he was a trusted soldier and hated Hyman Roth. Although we know the hitman doesn’t look anything like Frankie since like I said he wasn’t created yet. My personal theory is that it was carried out by the Molinari Family. We know that they are aligned with the Corleones and they protected Fredo during the War. I’m interested to hear your theories!
My speculation, for what it is worth!

Rocco linked to Michael
Originally Posted by Lana
  • Baptism murders
1. Neri for Barzini
2. Clemenza for Strachi and Carlo
3. Rocco for Tattaglia
4. Cicci for Cuneo
5. ? for Greene
I doubt the Molinari Family even though aligned with the Corleones would carry out killings on the Corleones behalf
ie: guaranteeing Fredo's safety is one thing but....

If crime families start carrying out murder favours on behalf of other crime families when they have no direct personal beef with the targeted family, it gets too messy, bloodbath every corner and becomes disorganized! crime
Besides there is a Mafia code of conduct and honour....