Interesting points everyone. I’m wondering if Paul had gone down for life if he would have given up his position much the same way ducks did with buddy and ultimately vic and gas. In the hypothetical that Neil was well and still on the streets surely the power would have moved to him, and as john was his protege surely he would have had john as some kind of street boss. To the other point that a lot of the old timers at that point wouldn’t have wanted the position, as not everyone is naturally a number 1, then yeah I think John’s hunger perhaps would have seen him in a street boss role with Neil calling the shots overall. I’m not sure bilotti could have held the respect of the crews like John’s, but I do think they would have respected Neil to be boss. Difficult to say in a hypothetical situation I guess. What we do know is that the next generation after the old timers were very hungry for power. I do wonder if Neil had have been made boss in that situation if he would have stabilised the family into the mid 90s and kept guys like gotti under control. It would have been interesting to have seen Neil take over the family, I wonder how his relationship would have been with gigante and if he would have put up with vic and gas, or the early 90s Colombo war. I feel Neil would have steadied all of the 5 families to a degree, purely out of the respect everyone had for him.