To show the sorry state of the American organized underworld nowadays, I pose a question to the forum.

With the possible exception of one or two scattered indictments brought against the NYC mob like the one in Staten Island not too long ago involving a small Colombo crew, or the few guys in the Gambino crew brought down for drug dealing over the Canadian line a few years back, and another for gambling on LI. Where the heck are all the cases?

Is it because the level of mob activity is at such a low dismal level that there truly are no cases to bring?

Or do you think that law enforcement is just slipping up and 'missing' these guys and they're rackets?

Or have the current mob guys suddenly become more slick and savvy, evading prosecution all together?

PS: I might have missed a few cases but you get my point right? Very few guys being probed, arrested, indicted, or jailed for many years already. And NYC is considered the epicenter of all things OC. Imagine in other cities. They're like ghost towns as far as mob activity....is the mob now quickly going the way of the dinosaur? Or going legit?

I'm curious as to your thoughts?

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/17/21 12:31 PM.