The following men were all identified and documented by the Federal Bureau of Narcotics as being very active in either the smuggling, wholesale distribution, or general trafficking (wholesale and retail), of various quantities of heroin, opium, morphine, cocaine, etc., in the San Francisco Bay Area during the 1950s and 1960s era that the FBN kept track of. I'm sure that many of them were active both before (1940s) and after (1970s) those dates as well.

Mafia bosses and underbosses of the San Francisco borgata who allegedly governed and profited from this traffic included the following four men;

Antonio (Tony) Lima
Michael (Mr. Mike) Abati
James (Jimmy the Hat) Lanza
Filippo (Phil) Maita

Various inducted soldiers and close associates known to actually conduct the traffic included the following men named below. An asterisk next to a name indicates that particular person was extremely active and considered a top narcotics dealer by the agents. Some were smugglers per se. Others distributed the product once it hit the city, but all were active;

Alphonse (Al) LaRocca
Mario Balistrieri *
Vincent Barrisa
Salvatore (Duke) Belleci *
Vincenzo (Vince) Bruno *
Joseph (Corky) Bruno
Renaldo (Red) Ferrari *
Vito Bruno
Gaetano (Paulie Helm) Capalbo *
Abraham (Abe Chapman) Chalupowitz *
Concetto (Frank) Colombo *
Salvatore (Sam) Maugeri *
Antonio (Tony Melo) Cosenza *
Stephen Sorrentino *
Frank (Cow) Cosenza *
Guiseppe (Joe) Parente *

These four men below were largely NYC mafiosi who 'serviced' the west coast with drugs. There were many others of course who did the same. But these names stand out;

Sebastiano Nani
Michael (Skinny Mike) Pecoraro
Joseph Dentico
Peter (Petey 17) Piacenti
-
I hope this helps those of you interested in mafia narcotics activity in the Bay Area from years back.

I know that some of these names were already listed by previous posters, but I tried to give a solid overview for you as well.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/22/21 04:00 PM.