Originally Posted by Giacalone
Originally Posted by NYMafia
He was a close pal of mayors, governors, presidents, etc. And despite his mob reputation that was later exposed by the FBI, he remained close to all of them. He was just way too important both on the labor scene, and the political power that garnered him for politicians to ignore him or chance incurring his wrath.

From what I've heard is that he was truly loved as a human being. Always had a smile and a kind word. He was richer than almost everybody, but he was one of those very few guys who deserved his good fortune.

The more I think about it, Tony Scotto lived a really interesting life. And if you and others agree, I would be willing at some point to write an in-depth biography about his life and career.

PS: that is of course providing that I can gather up enough info about his early life as a kid and young man to really make for a worthwhile story. There's a lot out there already about him. But its mostly about 'after' he rose to power.

I'd love to be able to get enough about his fledgling years to really make a nice storyline