Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Originally Posted by Louiebynochi
ITS OBVIOUS HE WAS A RAT IN 71 so he could move to the top of the Colombo family which he did soon after. I’m sure he wasn’t a rat for decades he wouldn’t have done time but all these guys at best rat on they’re enemies from time to time or to eliminate the competition which is what he did here probably ratting on Colombo so he could take over and resolve his highjacking case in a favorable way to himself....

Louie you are quite possibly the dumbest motherfucker I have ever seen in my life. Do you do drugs or were you dropped on your head as a baby?

If you knew who I really was, the last thing you would call me is stupid....You’ve been in this long enough to know how the life is...the life is treacherous, full of back stabbing and deceit...I’m 100% sure Carmine Persico wasn’t a rat for decades, he wouldnt have done time. BUT I THINK ITS VERY POSSIBLE he could have briefly been a rat in 1971, giving info on Joe Colombo and it’s been rumored for decades that he possibly helped frame Sonny Franzese to remove him as competition to the throne...We both know even though Tom Dibella was Boss after 71 , that Carmine pulled all the strings through Dibella and the Consigliere Allie Persico Sr...
Carmine Persico was a smart guy and harnessing the power of the FBI and using it your advantage is the smart move especially in that life where not making the smart move can cost you your life...

Dibella wasn't the Acting Boss until a few years later. When Colombo got shot they tried to put the Underboss Charlie Lemons Mineo up but he declined because he was too old and not in food health so they had a triumvirate of Joe Yak, Vinnie Aloi, and Carmine Persico. That held until Persico went to the can and Yak went into hiding after the Gallo hit. Carlo Gambino was close to Buster Aloi so he wanted his son Vinnie to be the Boss. That lasted for a few months. That's just the first year after Colombo was whacked. You know who was elected acting Boss after that or do your know? Hint: it wasn't Tom DiBella yet