Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo
Great article. And then the same group that is renting or leasing out the right to fish turns around and kicks back to their congressmen in the form of lobbying. How convenient. Someone will put a stop to this, but several individuals and their families will have already been enriched.

I 2nd that....As a Sous Chef by trade most of my life, I saw how popular Red Snapper was in the 80s & early 90s..especially blackened in the restaurants I was @ in my early days ..then all of a sudden ..u couldnt find it anymore..nor Redfish or Tilefish....what happened?? ..this article explains it all...I have filleted most all consuming fish known on all geological menus & the most missed is Redfish & Red Snapper because of it's easiness 2 prepare..alot of my high profile chef buddies here in Philly would love 2 labor over (as well as I ) 75 lbs. of Snapper 4 the Fri. Sat. weekend rush...Here in the N.E. parts of the east coast , well trained chefs ( & small & big fish mongers)..know that only approx. 25% of what is sold & labeled as Snapper is the true article...the rest is other what I call bullshit fish ..Tilapia , red drum , kingfish etc..only down in the Keys can u get the real Red Snapper...& chances of ur restaurant getting on it ur menu fulltime ?? ...FUGETTABOUTIT.....Back 2 the point..this article is what was suspected 4 quite a while in the restaurant biz & proves the point that the law & government think of the working man as a piece of shit.....o.k. I'm done ranting here ppls...good night & have a pleasant 2 morrow.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...