Originally Posted by Blackmobs
First off, the thread is about the mafia working with other OC groups.
So we are not talking about low level street thugs.
Like we said, some street gangs or groups have become big and are organized crime.
Yes you have crips or bloods that are not at the level of the mob. And the mob will never work with them.
But you have gangs in the UBN, the Latin Kings etc .

that are OC and work with the mob. The mob always work with other crime groups in his history.

The rest is just you fantasizing about the mob.

--
First of all I don't fantasize about the mob as you stated. If anything I'm very pragmatic about the current sorry state of affairs of LCN and other groups, as is clearly evident from all the opinion articles I've written about that very subject.

But regardless of how poorly they are doing, and they are in sad shape, 'street gangs' are still so far in their rearview mirror that you can't even see them.

And I personally do not consider groups like the crips, bloods, etc., to even be 'organized crime' groups in the first place. They ARE street gangs. Period!

Colombian cartels, Mexican smuggling gangs, Chinese Triads, the Jewish mob under Lansky, the old Irish mobs under Hughie Mulligan, etc., Russian mafia, Japanese Yakuza, French gangs out of Marseille who ran "The French Connection," the Corsican mafia, the mob under Enoch 'Knucky' Johnson, black drug kingpins Frank Lucas and Leroy (Nicky) Barnes who ran a well organized Harlem heroin networks, etc., etc., those are all legit versions of organized crime groups. Cuban boss Jose Battle Sr., and Raymond (Spanish Ray) Marguez with their Spanish mobs are 2 more. I could go on and on with good examples.

And you are correct that LCN has always worked with other groups throughout their history.

But there are very few instances where you will see traditional "LCN Families" utilize (or use) gangbangers. Guttural street thugs are only used as 'crash dummies' to take the weight for a dangerous assignment that LCN doesn't want to touch. And even that is rare.

In the last few years we have seen that with a Whitestone, Queens, case where a Genovese soldier Robert DeBello got involved in an assault where a few of his knuckleheads hired a few black gangbangers to hurt someone. The end result? They all got pinched becuse these gangbangers have no brains and were speaking about the assault on cell phones and doing other stupid things that led police to them.

And a young Lucchese soldier that got involved selling cell phones to gangbangers he met in NJ state prison. Another bad idea. that drew attention to them.

In the USA you do not see that type of interaction between LCN and street gangs.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/20/21 03:53 PM.