What do you guys think about Pablo Escobar`s net worth? There are a lot of articles online claiming that he had tens of billions of dollar at the height of his career but it seems to be very far off. I know that in the 80s the Colombian cartels almost had a monopoly in trafficking cocaine into the United States but some numbers I see are just outrageously ridiculous.
Forbes claimed in 1987 that his personal net worth was around 2 billion USD and in the last few years of his reign it shrunk to around 1 billion. This number is possible but personally I still think it`s an overestimation because they simply assumed he personally gained 40% of the profit made by the entire cartel. https://www.forbes.com/sites/halaht...llionaire-issue-in-1987/?sh=70bc63914369

Also there are stories about him offering to pay for the Colombia national debt if the president grant him pardon, which is really ridiculous. He was filthy rich being the most powerful crime lord in Latin America but his entire worth wouldn`t make much of a difference to the country`s national debt.