Newark was split. It was between Gaspare D'Amico and Giuseppe Profaci. Joe Valachi, Joe Bonanno, and a few others have told the story. Newark family was disbanded, with Stefano Badami becoming boss of the Elizabeth family, and Newark faction, there is evidence from 1951 to 1955 when Badami was killed that the two factions were fighting. Joe Bonanno and Vincent Mangano backed up Joe Profaci, while Willie Moretti and Thomas Lucchese suggested that the family should be split up and divided among the other families. Genovese, Lucchese, and Profaci, grabbed some great earners. Elizabeth ranks doubled around 30 members at this time. Tony Caponigro said his skipper was a former member of Newark family, and was given a choice to join the Genovese but told Carmine Battaglia he could join up with them while he decided to join Philadelphia as he had a solid relationship with Joe Ida and Marco Reginelli. Bonanno and the Gambinos also got members from Newark. Peter G from Trenton was the one that Profaci, Mangano, Dovi, and Moretti were fighting to take into their families, who eventually went into the Mangano now the Gambino family.

As for the reason for the feud, different accounts, 1) Gaspare D'Amico was only making Sicilians instead of also inducting Calabrians. 2) D'Amico was unjustified in the killings of the Troia family members. 3) D'Amico was blocking Profaci's (Salvatore Profaci) truck routes in the Oliver oil business through his territory. 4) D'Amico owed Joe Profaci a large sum of money. 5) D'Amico and Joe Profaci supported different families in Villabate over a power struggle. I honestly believe there is truth to number 1 and 3.

The Ribera Club is still around. They can still recruit and get members from Sicily but like all the other families now, the recruiting pool has shrunk drastically.

The Gambinos represent them still, but the Decavalcante family does business with the Gambino, and Genovese crime families, and does have strong ties to Ribera and Agrigento province.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green