Originally Posted by majicrat
I'm only speculating, but posters here on here love to put the Columbo's down. I don't and I actually believe they're ahead of the Bonnano's and Luchese's today. As far as Furios reasoning, just because the Bonanno's have 130 men doesn't mean they're a strong family. And how have they recovered exactly to place them above the Columbo's. The Luchese family in NJ exists in reputation only for the most part. Does the crew exist? Sure it does but as far as power and influence and making money, not on the serious level. Maybe I'm wrong but Columbo's are just as strong if not stronger than those two.

I never said that Colombos are down but that there are the more weak of the 5 families.They are confinated in NY for short had a crew in Massachusset under DeLeo but no more,after Randazzo murder doesn't had a crew in NJ.The Lucchese have 20-30 made men in NJ under the Pernas and what power what influence? The Gambinos still have construction rackets and unions like the Genovese that have the unions and the ports what's the unions controlled by the Colombos? They are a blue collar family.