Originally Posted by Serpiente
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Each of these mob podcasters will phase out in time, some faster than others. Each of them only has so many 'real' stories about the old days that they can recollect. Once they've exhausted those "actual" stories they will be resigned to start making shit up in order to try and keep the interest of their listeners. They're episodes will contain less and less pertinent and real content (as is starting to happen now), and slowly but surely they will attempt to speak about 'historical' events that they've neither lived or truly know anything about ie: Joe Colombo's shooting, Joe Gallo's shooting, the Colombo wars, Carlo Gambino's mindset, etc, etc.... thats when the will lose the more savvy listeners and those familiar with organized crime.

"The proof is in the pudding" as they say, and I can already tell that much of what Gravano, Alite, Franzese, and a few others spew out is total fabrication. Much of it so far off the mark of truth and reality that its almost embarrassing to watch them make fools of themselves. But in truth who's really the fool, them, or the people who listen and gobble up their words like its gospel?

I predict that these "Former Mobster, Current Mob Rat, Reality Show Podcasts" will become a thing of the past within a year or two (at best), unless newer guys come on to keep the ball rolling so to speak.

Once you start seeing them start chatting about politics and world affairs as though any of them are authorities on such things, start giving cooking lessons, critiquing movies, veering off into subjects matter that has little to do with why people visit their podcasts to begin with, then its over!

If you pay attention, most of them are starting to go in that direction already.

Well said , & I agree...that has also been through in my mindset..Sammy is very slow in his delivery which makes me think he has be careful of what he's saying , but also how to fabricate his lines & story so he don't contridict himself.

Absolutely …

They may remember a crime , but thats it …. But to turn it into a story they need to remember where they hung out and met with others …. What nightclub they went to after and who was there …. Where they got cars for whatever job it was …. But its dam near impossible.

But i wish i wrote a journal way back not that i was in a crime family but everyone was doing something … I starting walking around Ducktown with my male cousins uncles and father friends …. But i do remember loving every minute of it …. pool halls , social clubs , candy shops , bars and so much more …. The relatives that worked in these places …. The boardwalk was like a criminal carnival….. in the most wonderful way …. The shows and stores were run by families most times lived in back of store so the children and relatives that hung in the ally’s were fun as hell ….. people from all over the world some freaks and some beautiful. The girl that turned into a female gorilla right in front of Million Dollar Pier …. The loudspeaker would say ( I want you to think gorilla gorilla watch the female turn into a gorilla ) on a loop over and over .

I am remembering back to when i was 8 i guess but I really start to remember around 1965 i am 13 and all i used to here my grandfather say to my father is thats one of Nucky’s guys …. Hard to believe his guys were here till 70 something, some if there sons picked up there stuff … but we had a couple old time skippers or powerful Westside soldiers that had houses here or Ventnor / Margate , Longport with Colombo’s and Gambino’s and took a little from them so they did well without paying Philly … But the NY guys never started shit here as long as i can remember….. was not till late 70’s 80’s when drugs and cut throat shit came in .

And don't forget Beeps, Serp...& when Nick the blade used 2 cover all his losses @ the pool hall..I know u were there some nights w/ the dude from Scungillios

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...