Originally Posted by hoodlum
Geoff.....R U really gonna let this guy get away this shit??...I used 2 like N.Y...but..c'mon ..he's trying 2 dominate ur shit....some of us posters enjoy ALL of the threds..(food, movies etc)..but who the hell is he 2 talk like that on YOUR domain????......

While I am grateful for the contributions that Lisa and "The Other Guy" have made here to the Real Life forum, that is only one of the many forums here. This BB started as a forum for The Godfather in the 90s, with "Other Puzo" and "Scarface" added shortly thereafter. As relationships and membership grew, it became necessary to add general entertainment/sports/food/etc categories, and even General discussion which many of us would spend hours a day chatting away -- so having a section for Real Life Mafia seemed like a natural offshoot. Real Life was never the main focus, and never was intended to be the main focus. And since it seems to attract so many fake "tough guy" crazies, it never will be the main focus here. But if someone wants to create content of interest to many, I don't see anything inherently wrong with it. At least if it stays under control. The forums were very popular years ago -- but due to many factors (including the decrease in popularity of old-school forums in general, the influx of troublemakers and the exile of valued members, the physical loss of many members, and not to mention me becoming so busy with other things the past few years), it's gotten a little out of control and we lost a lot of people. And I'm sorry for that. Despite NYMafia's sometimes uncouth mannerisms, he does seem to spend a lot of time creating content for his site and sharing much of it here. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, nor is his plea to get more people involved. I wish I had the time to get more involved myself. But at this point, don't worry about any type of takeover.... wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations