I'm about the same age as JImmy. I grew up on Staten Island and worked for years in Bensonhurst. There was alot of dirt going on under the table but this was a very safe neighborhood for regular people. Everyone I knew was hard working, they cared about their neighborhood, kept their properties looking nice, and etc.

One thing I remember is everybody knew everybody else. Oh, and some of the best Pizza and Italian food in the WORLD.

The closest thing I ever saw to violence there was once I parked outside right in front of this cafe where the zips would all hang-out. I ran in the shop where I worked and when I came out 3 guys were standing next to my car with angry looks [ looked like wise-guys ]. "Who told you to park here?" I had no idea what the fuck these guys wanted to hear. Nobody 'told me' to park there its a public street. The way they surrounded me it seemed like they were getting ready to "gimme a bea'in", as they say there. One of the old guys I worked with came running running out, he got between us and yelled really loud "I TOLD HIM"...and they just kind of turned around and walked away. I never really understood what that was about.

Other than that...it was a great place to live compared to most of Brooklyn.

Last edited by Mamaluke; 06/09/21 11:42 AM.