Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by DillyDolly
The Favara hit was pretty sad. But how would most of you handle it if it was your kid and you had the power to make him disappear. Be honest now, don't lie. And keep in mind that you're not going to be thinking rationally, as you're doing now because it didn't happen to you

My girlfriend was killed in an auto accident when I was younger. I was devastated but it was simply an accident. The other driver was a man in his late twenties who was horrified and remorseful. As upset as I was I never felt the need to get “revenge”. Despite the fairy tales ales the Gotti women spew Favara wasnt drunk, didn’t run a stop sign, and didn’t have drunken parties to torture them. He wanted to apologize right away but was warned to stay away. He still went to Victoria Gotti and apologized and was met with a baseball bat. I mean Gotti was murderer so it’s not surprising he would end up killing Favara no matter what

Right. I was a passenger in a head-on collision in which the driver of the other car died. The other car veered onto our side of the road and swerved in front of us when we tried to dodge it. I don't know what happened but I suspect that he fell asleep at the wheel.

The driver of the car I was in still has PTSD to this day from what happened even though he didn't do anything wrong. The family of the deceased treated him coldly at the inquest (understandable as they were grieving and wanted answers).

The thing is, the deceased didn't suffer life-threatening injuries in the accident. He actually died in hospital due to a mishap during what should've been a routine operation.

Should I or the driver of my car have been taken out by his family in retribution for something that wasn't our fault, much like John Favara? Should the people who performed the deceased's surgery be taken out due to their negligence?

I don't think so.

I'd like to think that human beings are more empathic and understanding once they get past the stages of grieving.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.