Anthony Bernardi was a soldier in Salvatore Falcone crew in the Buffalo crime family. Bernardi and his brother Joe who was never made ran the Goose Hill crew or mob in Schenectady. Won't get into the details there as four crime families had members there, but they always voted to have one member to represent that area which is unique to be only a soldier but have capo status even serving under a capo themselves. Bernardi was big in gambling had his fingers in so many pies, but was not greedy and was known to be quite generous and charitable. He practically ran the city and surrounding areas until he died in 1950 from a heart attack, he was only half a century old. That is when the Di Coccos took over. Won't get into that, but Paolo did indeed surpass Bernardi in influence and power nationwide, and had stronger international ties.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green