Originally Posted by DillyDolly
I agree that there are some unrealistic aspects about The Sopranos, but all-in-all it's very realistic in my opinion. Like when Christopher gets made everything wasn't all peaches and cream, he still had to hustle and grind his ass off. That's very realistic. And I forget the name of the real-life pork store, but Satriale's was based on a real life store where DeCavalcante wiseguys hung out. Same with Bada Bing, in real life the DeCavalcante boss Vinny Palermo owned a strip club called Wiggles, and Vinny Palermo also stayed in a mini-mansion very similar to Tony Soprano's.

Yes,the Chris induction,the fact to use a front boss,have a strong jewish ally (Hesh is based on corky vastola that was in music industry),the fact that after Big Sal departure his wife lost all the money and must work in a supermarket like the fact that every wife tolerate a goomar etc are ok but what I say isnt real is that the boss of Lupertazzi family call the Sopranos "a glorified crew" and after they a NY family treat as equal with a small family; the decav arent the bufalino that was small but respected.
Plus the whole NY/NJ war what do the fbi? During the mob wars in Cleveland or in NY the feds made a lot of arrests and seriously damaged the two parte,there the.Lupertazzi boss was killed nothing happened. In real life Tony Soprano would be arrested.