Originally Posted by Beenaround
I think Gravano would've been wacked eventually by a Gotti associate, before Gravano could act against Gotti. The Gotti Family has numerous members in the Mafia. The other Families didn't want to be involved, They had their own issues at the time.

Interesting scenario, Beenaround.

Didn't Sammy work with members of the other families in the construction rackets and other schemes? Wouldn't these relationships serve as an insurance policy?

For example, if a member of the Columbo family who worked with Sammy was earning considerably month after month and the Columbos learned of a plot against him by John would they go to the Commission to get the go ahead to take action or at the very least warn Sammy and let the chips fall where they may.

From what I've read and seen on the interwebs John wasn't a favorite of most other bosses and many felt he was selfish. Since the number one priority is money, it would make sense to protect the guy who was helping them all earn.

There were and I assume still are a few Gottis active in LCN so it would be a matter of taking them all out at the same time or giving them the option of falling in line like Joe Bilotti. The latter would be ironic. Junior would definitely have been a problem.

Also, wasn't Sammy well-liked by other members of the Gambino family and if a plot was in the works wouldn't there be a good chance that at least one person would find a way to warn the Bull.

I might be off the mark on this but I think whacking Sammy might be more involved than just giving an order.