Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
Originally Posted by Defendant Digest

You're mixing up two different issues. If informants really want to turn their life around, then they should tell the truth but 99 percent of the time all they tell are lies. And if they're lying on their podcasts or blogs (and misinformation, half-truths, minimization, deflection are all forms of lies) then why wouldn't they have lied in their proffers or on the stand while testifying?

And if changing their life is their mantra - why charge people to share the errors of their ways? Why monetize videos? And actually boast about the numbers they're getting? Why sell "merch"? Are they donating the proceeds to a good cause?

My point was NOT that the informants have no fault or anything like that, I agree that for the most part they stay scumbags. What I insist on is that those criminals who don't rat aren't any better than the ones who do.

It's very simple IMO the ones who accept their time are better than the ones who don't,. At least the ones who stand up and accept their punishment have some dignity and honor left, the ones who do the same crimes or worse but will not stand up and accept their punishment have nothing left. Except of course their future on youtube doing videos of how great they are, with fanboys of rats saying "You are my hero and a true stand up guy"