I've been through this too many times, but I'll say it again, RICO isn't the main reason for LCN's downfall, it's age and attrition. There are hardly any Italian ghettos left anymore, and that's where the Mafia drew their tough, hardened recruits. Most Italian-Americans fled to the suburbs and assimilated into American culture. In fact most completely extinct LCN families across America didn't go extinct because of RICO, in FACT, to prove my point, many were already in sorry shape BEFORE RICO. Many LCN families were already old and dying without any fresh blood to replace them. Sure, RICO doesn't help matters but the mob, what's left of them, knows how to adapt to new laws and statutes.

As far as the Commission bosses getting 100-year sentences, Commission bosses still met AFTER they went away. Their successors had neither the experience or know-how to be bosses, at least with the Commission bosses of the 1980s you could say that they were caught off guard, and were virgins to wiretaps and surveillance-based evidence that could send them all away for a century. Let's say you flipped that around, and Amuso, Casso, and Gotti, came before Salerno, Corallo, etc, the 1980s Commission bosses would've learned from their predecessors' mistakes.

As far as killing a rat and you get life in prison goes, in the underworld you can't always use that excuse. Other groups will see that you're afraid of prison and walk all over you. And guys will keep on ratting and ratting with zero consequences as is currently happening. It's a hard pill to swallow but sometimes it might take a few guys getting life to get shit back in order and bring back some discipline.

As far as mobsters going to Canada and not America, Italian and American law enforcement have documented numerous mobsters shuffling between Italy and America, that really hasn't changed. Frank Cali was one such example before that lunatic shot him.

Last edited by DillyDolly; 05/02/21 08:00 PM.