Originally Posted by Lana

Originally Posted by Turnbull
In the flashback scene at the end of II, after Michael reveals that he joined the Marines, Tom says, "Your father and I have talked many times about your future." Michael fixes him with the Dreaded Corleone Stare and says, "You...talked to my father...about my future?"
Michael would have fixed anyone who dared! to map out his future “with the Dreaded Corleone Stare and said "You...talked to my father...about my future?"

Originally Posted by Turnbull
So, when Sonny was killed, Michael was predisposed to blame Sonny's brother and Vito's consigliere for his death
If I am not misunderstanding your post, you are making a connection between the flashback scene and "Michael was predisposed to blame Sonny's brother and Vito's consigliere for his death"

I fail to see the connection?

Mr Turnbull could you, uh -- amplify your answer a bit? Thanks

Astute question, Lana. smile
I can't prove it--I'm inferring from the number of times we see Michael being abrupt and harsh with Tom, and his statement that "You're not a wartime consigliere," that he doubted Tom's competence. So, I believe it's possible that he might have been inclined to blame Sonny's death on Tom because Tom didn't see Carlo's treachery coming. It's also possible that Michael may have resented that he had to take the reins of the family following Sonny's death, and needed Tom as a scapegoat. Likely? No. Possible? Yes.

Nothing changes the fact that Sonny dug his own grave through his uncontrollable temper.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.