Originally Posted by Turnbull
I think Michael resented Tom's position in the family. Tom was Sonny's choice for a brother, not Michael's Tom was Vito's choice for consigliere, not Michael's

Tom knew it, too. Right after the Tahoe shooting, Michael says, "Tom, you're my brother." Tom practically breaks down weeping: "I always wanted to be regarded as a brother by you, Mike"--which tells me that he didn't think Michael regarded him as a brother
Whilst Michael may have resented Tom for the reasons you mentioned and “that he [Tom] didn't think Michael regarded him as a brother” I still doubt “Michael blamed Tom for Sonny's death”

In the flashback scene at the end of II, after Michael reveals that he joined the Marines, Tom says, "Your father and I have talked many times about your future." Michael fixes him with the Dreaded Corleone Stare and says, "You...talked to my father...about my future?"
Michael would have fixed anyone who dared! to map out his future “with the Dreaded Corleone Stare and said "You...talked to my father...about my future?"

So, when Sonny was killed, Michael was predisposed to blame Sonny's brother and Vito's consigliere for his death
If I am not misunderstanding your post, you are making a connection between the flashback scene and "Michael was predisposed to blame Sonny's brother and Vito's consigliere for his death"

I fail to see the connection?

Mr Turnbull could you, uh -- amplify your answer a bit? Thanks