Originally Posted by southshorekid
I don’t know much about the Profacis. But between Colavita olive oil, Roma foods, and the SI/Central Jersey real estate it seems like they knew how to print money. I was thinking about something my grandfather once told me about Sam the Plumber and googled and found that article. Not for nothing though, that was the sixties and they were a few steps ahead with the real estate. South Brooklyn Italians moved to SI in the 80s and 90s. SI Italians have been moving to Central Jersey from the 90s through today. If you live in Bensonhurst you obviously know all that. But it’s a trip reading some people posting on here thinking Bay Ridge still looks like Saturday Night Fever haha. The mob tourists better learn Mandarin if they ever plan on visiting South Brooklyn.

So true
So SAD

Bensonhurst like many of the borough's were like towns implanted from southern Italy.

We didn't know what we had
We let it go..

If the neighborhood still existed today as it did back then
The very last place on the earth that ANTIFA would try their shit would in our neighborhood.

Not because we were prejudice, because we cared, and we stuck together, and protected our own.

Watched out and over each other

Not like that today

Its all like Manhattan you could be on fire and no one would even piss on you to put it out.
Every one for themselves

So COLD

We don't even have pockets of resistance anymore just us hold outs