Originally Posted by NickyWhip

If anything, I would think that Johnny Keys would have been spared. He had that Peanuts Tronolone guy from Clevelend who was tied into the Genovese to go to. I read that he was killed on Scarfo's request because he asked someone in the Gambino family if he had a shot at boss.. But I also read he was a conpirator in the Bruno murder and that's why he was killed.

[/quote]

I don’t know about him being involved. But I always heard Johnny Keys asked Nicky Russo. Or maybe not even. But somehow it got back to Big Paul that he was talking about making a move and it fell in Nicky Russo’s lap. Sammy Gravano did run point. But I highly doubt the way he talked about it in his book is accurate. Nicky was a very respected guy as far as I know. I think Sammy was still just pissed that Pal Joey almost fucked up and got them all pinched. Honestly those guys were old and shouldn’t been putting work in like that. Somewhat in return Philly took care of the guy who killed Russos son Michael as a favor for the Gambinos.