ottawa has no formal mafia family now nor has it ever.
the manasseri family is that, a family with a last name that is italian.
there is no formal structure to the manasseri's IT IS NOT A CRIME FAMILY.it is a family where some of its members who share the same last name have committed crimes.
now benedetto manasseri was seen meeting w/ vittorio mirarchi,calogero milioto and antonio guido during the 2009-2011 mtl mafia war.
manasseri was busted in nov of 2012 as the alleged leader of an online gambling network that was also into pot grow ops and loansharking.
this network also included gary saikaley as #2 who comes from a long line of lebanese saikaleys in the ottawa area some of which have been involved in crime mostly kg level drug dealing (troy and alex come to mind most recently).the saikaley name is very common in the ottawa lebanese community most of whom are legit citizens.
back to 2012 bust domencio arecchi was the only other italian of note to have been arrested. arecchi had been busted previous in 2004 on similar gambling charges.
the interesting part of the nov 2012 bust (project amethyst) is that a certain daniele ranieri of bolton ontario was arrested at the same time. i have never found any info on ranieri and any time served from this bust. the takeaway for me from this bust was that this network was operating for the desjardins/mirarchi faction out of mtl. ranieri was always a loyal member of juan fernandezs crew which operated out of toronto/southern ontario. fernandez as most on here know was loyal to desjardins.
moving to manasseri's attempted murder in 2019 i have always thought it could be linked to online sports gambling in ontario seeing how around the same time in ontario there were many murders attempts and arsons related to gambling. as for who in mtl still holds any sway in ottawa i do not know and would hold to mirarchi or possibly francesco del balso as he had influence w/ gambling in the past albeit in 2004.
there have been some arrests over the past 5 years in ottawa w/ links to mtl but i don't know if it is bad reporting or canadas inability to print accurate crime info from law enforcement but it is very hard to figure out and follow these investigations. e.g. an arrest of individuals on a litany of charges: names given, no background info on those arrested no criminal affiliations given, they r usually given bail and then an ongoing period of no info. i can't figure out if its canadas long back logged court system or the medias afraid to say anything about those arrested so they don't get sued. or maybe the police not wanting to say anything to compromise the proceedings but you have to dig and stay on cases to find any good info.
hope some of this helps will post more about bikers and street gangs.