ColonelReb Why couldn't he have gotten the Bolex for him? I believe it's just as reasonable to assume he could as to assume he couldn't. The press pass is NOT a major acquisition, not one that couldn't be accomplished. Joe Gallo had connections and allies in and out of the mob, as did his crew. As far as money, it was "offered" not paid and we don't even know how much was offered. Johnson was not the brightest bulb and probably could've been convinced fairly easily he would get a way with it. As far as the girl, no one even knows for sure who she is and if she was a part of it. Pure speculation. I never said Joe Gallo did it alone, I do maintain he was involved in the planning of it. But like everyone else, my opinion is speculative just like everyone else. I'd also like to point out I don't discount the possibility that either the Gambino's or the Genovese (maybe both) threw their verbal support behind Gall, and even provided some material support. They each had a motive to do it and then knock off Gallo later. I'm just saying it can't be dismissed. Both leaders in those families were very underhanded and very sly.