Those are odd choices NYMafia. First of all, Sonny Franzese was framed by the US government. Second of all, he was never gonna be anything but what he was. I think he was perfectly fine with getting 2-5 years on the street between each violation. Plus, a lot of this has to do with luck. Carmine Persico was a brilliant man and even the judge who sentenced him acknowledged that. When I think of a stupid wiseguy, I think of someone who doesn't have the know how to operate in that world. One good example of that is Greg DePalma, a man who would tell strangers who was who in the Gambino family and even proposed an FBI agent for membership. John Gotti Jr. is another one. That man actually kept a list of proposed members for at least six years, denied he ever cooperated and then got exposed by a rat named John Alite, and said he had a "weak moment". Can you picture Sonny Franzese saying that? I can't. Now Alphonse Persico (Junior's brother) wasn't the brightest guy around, I agree with you on that one. By the way, another brilliant guy was Little Allie Boy who is doing life right now. Smart as hell, but was really unlucky. Went to college and was already a captain by the time he turned 27.