That's another thing, it wasn't just Gambino who told his men to stay away from that rally, but Genovese members Thomas Lombardi, James Angellino, Anthony Salerno, and one more member told their guys not to attend the rally. Lucchese members Samuel Cavallari, and Salvatore Santoro told their guys to stay away. It all makes those families seem to be behind it, but in all reality Joe Colombo had angered the other bosses with the Italian League. He was bring to much attention to the families, and another thing no boss would have green lighted a move like that as it would bring too much heat on the families, which it did, but LE didnt find any evidence that one of the other bosses did it. Sure the Detectives and LCN had a suspect as their first choice and that was Joey Gallo, but Gallos message was sincere and clear, he and his crew had nothing to do with it, but the top guys in the Colombo family thought differently, even a few capos in the other families did too. As for the Colombo family extorting shop owners and making them place the sticker in their stores, that is true.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green