Just North Beach or the entire bay area cause there were bigger players than Maranghi came on the scene, but by the mid 1980s most of them had passed away.
Frank Cosenza passed away in the late 1970s.
Renaldo "Red" Ferrari without a doubt was bigger, when he passed away in 1984, Maranghi inherited most of his routes, and customers. When someone said give some Reds, you would think they were talking about Marlboro cigarettes, but they were talking about Ferrari products.
Mario Balistrieri you already mentioned, and his son Gaetano inherited from his father Mario.
Alfanso LaRocca proposed Maranghi for membership, but before the 1980s, Al and his brother Pat were midlevel narcotic dealers, but major smugglers due to their commercial fishing boats, they were close to Mario Balistrieri, and the Lanzas.
Junior and Domenico Lima were also big players.
Before 1960s, forget about it. Everyone talks about Carmine Galante, Natale Evola, Vito Genovese and other New York mobsters that went to prison in 1959, but that was one part of the operation LE were doing. It was from coast to coast and it was felt in the bay area as well, many of the bigger players besides Mario Balistrieri and Renaldo Ferrari went to prison or were deported, and never regained their power or were too shallow of what they once were once they were released.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green