Originally Posted by DetroitPartnership
My only point of contention "under the watchful ... eye of". Detroit is autonomous and on the Commission for a reason. They don't take orders. If they chose to keep Hoffa alive, they would have, with the backing of brother Outfit Chicago. No one is pushing Detroit around, as tough as Tony Pro was.

You are correct, and incorrect, when you say that nobody is "ordering" Detroit around. I readily admit that they are an autonomous family, the same way that every family in the US is/or was. And they pretty much rule themselves.

But when you are dealing with a national prominent figure like Hoffa, That each major Family was intimately interacting with (especially the NY, Kansas City, and Chicago Families at that time). And his potential murder can, would, and did, have national ramifications, and implications for ALL those borgatas, as far as exposure to FBI probes and the potential loss of millions. Then it becomes a very important issue that the national "Commission" deals with. Especially Jimmy Hoffa, and the Teamsters Union which was a annual multimillion dollar cash cow for Cosa Nostra.

So in that case, Detroit, Chicago, or any New York City crew is NOT deciding his murder without the consultation of the Commission. Period! And if in fact the Commission makes the decision NOT to kill Hoffa, Believe me when I tell you that Joe Zerilli, Tony Jack, Tony Pro, or anybody else is NOT overriding that decision.

It has been that way since the formation of the Commission in 1931. It was formed for just such an event, that could adversely affect multiple borgatas.... It would have been a major breach of Cosa Nostra protocol to do otherwise.
----

Last edited by NYMafia; 01/31/21 01:56 PM.