San Francisco and San Jose never had a vote on the commission. Bonanno represented those families on the commission. Any problems San Francisco had they brought it to Joe Bonanno and if he could not settle it or he needed other bosses approval, he brought it up to the Commission. San Francisco also had had Profaci, Mangano, Chicago, and Luciano for awhile, then they had Costello for other channels if they needed to. It was best for the smaller familes to have good relations with at least two commission members families. After Joe Bonanno was forced to retire, Chicago represented them on the Commission, while Lanza was trying to make inroads to Gambino, so Gambino family would represented them, but with all the heat it was best for Chicago to represent all the families out west, with Detroit and Kansas City lending a hand if they needed to.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green