James Massi- Known as Jimmy Ward. Brother in laws Peter and Anthony Casella in Philadelphia, Ben and Ted DeMartino. Maybe related to other mobster due to his brothers and son James. Born in NYC in 1908. Lived in the Bronx. Said to have been part of the Minutemen, the gang Joe Valachi was the driver in. Close to Rocco Mazzie, Vincent Squillante, and Giacomo Riina. Made in the 1950s. Known as a strongman and hitman, arrested in the company of Frank Amendola for Illegal firearms possession. Do to his associations with Amendola and Valachi, it is safe to assume he was affiliated with the Lucchese family before he joined the Gambino family. Big in the drug trade. Made into the Squillante crew. Sentence to ten years in 1958. Once released served under Rocco Mazzie, retired around the same time. Did an unknown favor for his brothers in law in Philadelphia in 1981. Passed away in 1989.

Anthony Plate- Also known as Tony Plates, The Pitbull. Was born in 1913, dont know where. He was known as a hitman, gambler, pimp, loanshark ( he personally meet with Trafficante at his north Miami home once a month with a fat envelope) and narcotics pusher. Made in the 1950s part of Tommy Rava crew, but since he lived in Florida, he had to report to Giuseppe Silesi, and his Lieutenant Tommy Altamura who Plate allegedly got into a verbal arguement after he learned Altamura was one of those that killed Tommy Rava. When Altamura was killed Plate became Silesi righthand man in Florida. Plate was a secret partner to Trafficante in a construction company. He also satdown for Joseph Indelicato after he swindled a visiting Gambino member, Indelicato was spared but was suspended until he paid back 50,000 thousand, plus interests, plus paid everyone there 1,000 (this some additional info on Joseph Indelicato, he was also one of the killers in Tommy Rava disappearance, I known what file it is under now, but it is gone, at least most of it) Indelicato was indeed a Gambino member. Plate frequented The Apartment ran by Bonanno soldier William Dara, and the 79th Street Causeway in Miami. He along with Frank Gagliardi were tasked with finding two unidentified Chicago members in 1976, suspected of dumping bodies in South Florida among them John Roselli, and talk to them. Meaning stop dumping bodies and leave. Weather they ever found then or not is unknown, but I doubt it as they were complaining about the individuals and that New York (Bosses) were going to put an end to it. He was involved in the George Byrum murder as a favor to Nino Gaggi. He was a codefendant with Dellacroce, it is doubtful that Plate would have talked, but he had stepped on alot of toes, and his presence was menacing that Dellacroce feared he would not beat the case. Plate disappeared in August 1979, according to Willie Johnson, it was Angelo Ruggiero and John Gotti. I believe one of Tony's associates Ralph Bishop was involved in luring Plate somewhere he would feel safe and Angelo and John took it from there.

That was a good file, but most of it is gone.

Last edited by Giacomo_Vacari; 11/24/20 03:49 AM. Reason: Incoherent sentence

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green