GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 274 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,817
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,405
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,425
Posts1,060,742
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5038
12/10/03 11:55 AM
12/10/03 11:55 AM
G
guidehunting Offline OP
Associate
guidehunting  Offline OP
G
Associate
WANTED:

COMMEMORATIVE BOOKLET ONLY...

I need to locate anyone willing to part with the special commemorative insert or grin booklet that comes as part of the
VHS Collectors Series Boxed Set.....

"THE GODFATHER" - THE COMPLETE EPIC

I also welcome any leads/links to an online site that could possibly be of help. If you think you have what I need OR know of someone or somewhere that will fill my wish list... PLEASE e-mail me at:

oh_beehave@hotmail.com

...tell me what you've got and how much.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can make me an offer I can't refuse!! ;O)-~

Re: WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5039
12/10/03 12:44 PM
12/10/03 12:44 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
There's a VHS Box set of GF????? confused I thought it only came in DVD and just individually on VHS. What's in the booklet? I've never seen it? Have you tried Ebay or maybe Amazon? I'd sure like to see that insert.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5040
12/10/03 04:19 PM
12/10/03 04:19 PM
Newark, NJ
Rota Offline
Made Member
Rota  Offline
Made Member
Newark, NJ
There is a VHS box set of the Godfather Trilogy, but it's basically the same as the DVD release (last I heard). I think he is referring to the version where Godfather and the Godfather, Part II play in chronological order. And as for this set, I doubt anyone here might have it. I think it's listed as "Out of Print" on Amazon.

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...664157?v=glance&s=video&n=507846

A= Statement B is true
B= Statement A is false
Re: WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5041
12/10/03 05:19 PM
12/10/03 05:19 PM
G
guidehunting Offline OP
Associate
guidehunting  Offline OP
G
Associate
Hey TIS & Rota! Thanks for replying to my post! grin I have checked on ebay...as a matter of fact it was there that I sold the set "The Complete Epic" in VHS format as a 3 tape boxed set. Unfortunately, I had no idea when I listed it that there is a special insert that came with it originally. So when the buyer received it he was disappointed (understandably) frown confused to see there was no insert included.

I'm not one to sit easy with having a buyer unhappy with the purchase so, here I am trying to help him find the mysterious booklet that apparently does exsist and IS mentioned, actually quoted from on the main webpage (section I) that led me to these message boards...shewwee that was a long winded sentence! tongue

Rota you are correct...this set is long out of print and very difficult to find. I imagine finding the insert as a loner may prove even more difficult but, maybe not immpossible. I am hoping to benefit from someones pain of losing their beloved Part I, Part II, or Part III... hell all of'em to a hungry VCR ! Then maybe they won't mind giving up the guide to me me ME!!?!? ha hah eek

I'm just goofing around which ya all... tongue I have posted my want at a few other various sites as well...so ya just never know. If I do find one TIS I'll letcha in on what it is all about, ok?

Thanks again, nice chattin with you both! smile

OooKay, who's got the booklet!?!? Hand it over!!!

Re: WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5042
12/10/03 05:32 PM
12/10/03 05:32 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ahhhhh! Hence the name: "Guidehunting"!! Very clever. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5043
12/13/03 08:39 AM
12/13/03 08:39 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
I got the booklet. But it's absolutely not for sale. I also got it by the GF Epic.

Re: WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5044
12/19/03 05:33 AM
12/19/03 05:33 AM
G
guidehunting Offline OP
Associate
guidehunting  Offline OP
G
Associate
AH HA!! eek So Mr Floors or is that M.M.? wink

So you have the booklet but you won't give it up eh? Well, can't blame ya there I suppose. But, can you share it's contents here on the board with me and any other interested parties? ie; how many pages, what kind of commentaries or info and are there color pictures? Is this an item that could be photo copied? Not for resale or to violate copyrighted material...but just for personal use. Just curious.

REALLY I only want it for the PICTURES! ummm I mean the articles...heh heh grin

Thanks in advance.

Re: WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5045
12/19/03 06:57 AM
12/19/03 06:57 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
First I want to know if we are absolutely talking about the same then I will put time in it and start working.

It's the little bookie you get when you have the Godfather Epic VHS casettes (3 Casettes)?

BTW Look on Amazon there are enough Epic's WITH a booklet for sale. And M.M. are my initials for my name.

Re: WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5046
12/19/03 02:38 PM
12/19/03 02:38 PM
G
guidehunting Offline OP
Associate
guidehunting  Offline OP
G
Associate
YUP, I think we are talking about the same little bookie. See, I sold the 3 tape set "THE COMPLETE EPIC", but without the book that at the time of sale. I did not know there was an insert aka the bookie that ORIGINALLY came with the boxed set. rolleyes This was a pre-viewed adoption, and so now I am trying to help the buyer of my set locate the little evasive buger to make it...The GF The Complete Epic....well, ummm completely complete! blush

I have seen the sets on AMAZON with booklets, but, I only need the booklet and nearly a hundred bucks is a bit much to pay for it and 3 more tapes. I appreciate your efforts. But, I do understand it's a busy time o year. Its cool if ya share and cool if ya don't. Since you ain't givin er up...I was just curious what it contains..thats all. Thanks and Happy Holidays

Re: WTB: GF - The Complete Epic "Booklet"...... #5047
12/19/03 02:59 PM
12/19/03 02:59 PM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
TO be honest it contains exact the same as what is said about the Epic on JGEOFF's site.Behind the scenes, the story, Credits and cast. So If you read that part on his site, you know everything I could read in the booklet.
But it also contains beautiful pictures, past within the story. Further it's nothing special.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull