GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (m2w), 286 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,959
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,665
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,543
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,488
Posts1,061,793
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Wish You Were Here" synched to BLADE RUNNER ?!?! #167425
10/19/06 10:02 PM
10/19/06 10:02 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
From the same fans who of course famously realized that by synching the immortal Pink Floyd's DARK SIDE OF THE MOON album to WIZARD OF OZ, it would bear fruit of eerie similarity that is too bizarre to simply call "coincidental"...

Well, I found another so-called cinematic Pink Floyd "synch" that the fans have "discovered", and what is it? WISH YOU WERE HERE to Sir Ridley Scott's sci-fi 80's masterpiece BLADE RUNNER. You wanna see? Here's the instructions:

----------------------------------------------------------

Enter "Blade Runner" and "Wish You Were Here". The movie by Ridley Scott released in 1982 - shortly after the break up (and end, in my mind) of our beloved Pink Floyd, along with the 1975 release of the Pink Floyd album "Wish You Were Here".

To make this work, rent or buy a copy of Ridley Scott's "Blade Runner - The Director's Cut" (note: it needs to be the director's version). After the beginning credit of the Ladd Company (the green digital tree), START the CD at the first credit of "Jerry Perenchio & Bud Yorkin presents". You will experience the following:

-The moody scenery, futuristic background, explosions, and flying automobiles to open the movie along with the opening sounds of "Shine On".

-The pace of the music and drums kick in at the start of the Voight-Kampff test of Leon.

-At the end of the questioning of Leon, the music slows down and the detective is shot.

-Segue into the rainy streets and the intro of Deckard (Ford's character).

-Lyrics start "Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun" and parallel Deckard in his present state (retired and burned out).

-He's approached by Gaff and they are "blown on the steel breeze" (the flying car).

-Again the sci-fi scenes of flying move to the music.

-Deckard enters chief Bryant's office exactly as the sax solo begins in the song.

-As Deckard realizes he has no choice but to re-join the Blade Runner force, the song ends.

-Enter "Welcome to the Machine" as he's shown the Replicants he's to hunt (this is huge).

-The song moves on and the lyrics kick back in "Welcome my son, welcome to the machine" as he meets Rachael (the replicant who doesn't know).

-Notice "You dreamed of a big star" as the sun is shown in the background.

-After he gives Rachael the Voight-Kampff test and determines (after some difficulty) that she's a replicant, "Have a Cigar" kicks in (his reward for figuring this out).

-He starts to look for some trail to find the replicants he's after and "it's a hellova start" lyric is sung as he finds the first clue.

-Roy and Leon enter the replicant lab as "Wish You Were Here" starts.

-The questioning lyrics of "Wish You Were Here" go along with Roy's questions to one of his creators about replicants life.

-"Two lost souls" in the song parallel who Roy and Leon are and what their quest is about.

-"Shine On" starts again w/ Rachael at Deckard's place.

-Move on to introduce Pris (Daryl Hannah) and the lyric "Nobody knows where you are" : she's lost and can't find her friends Roy and Leon. "Pile on many more layers" : she covers up w/ newspapers in the alley (?!?!?)

-Another coincidence of a lyric "Come on you boy child" as J.F. Sebastion enters (he's a maker of robotic toys, who are his only friends).

-The final kicker comes as "Shine On" ends with the piano playing and the camera pans to Deckard sitting at the piano playing one note and staring at the photos of his family. He has a quick dream of a unicorn running through a forest which symbolizes his feeling that he might be a replicant himself.

---------------------------------------

Its a synch certainly worth checking out. A great movie and a great album. What could be better?(besides a better synching)

Directions courtesy of http://members.aol.com/burned/roger.html

Re: "Wish You Were Here" synched to BLADE RUNNER ?!?! #167426
10/19/06 10:34 PM
10/19/06 10:34 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Is this for real? Because I have both "Blade Runner" (The Director's Cut) and "Wish You Were Here". I gotta try this.

How am I not myself?
Re: "Wish You Were Here" synched to BLADE RUNNER ?!?! #167427
10/19/06 10:39 PM
10/19/06 10:39 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Well, I tested it, and....

Man, "Shine On You Crazy Diamond Part I" and "Welcome to the Machine" really synch well with BLADE RUNNER.

"Have a Cigar" and "Wish You Were Here" and "SOYCD part 2"? Not as well, but still nice.

Its worth checking out...and yes, the "sun" comment is absolutely true.

Re: "Wish You Were Here" synched to BLADE RUNNER ? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #335490
10/22/06 06:15 PM
10/22/06 06:15 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
This is cool. I want to find a film that synchs to each Floyd album. Or at least part of the album (like the way the end of 2001 synchs up so well with Echoes).

I've heard Atom Heart Mother goes rather well with A Clockwork Orange. Anyone ever try it?

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull