GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 487 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,437
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,429
Posts1,060,842
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159783
06/11/06 03:29 PM
06/11/06 03:29 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
This has been a great week. 4 terroists scum are going to meet their maker. bye bye

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159784
06/11/06 04:07 PM
06/11/06 04:07 PM
Rejected from Witness Protecti...
Henry Hill Offline
Wiseguy
Henry Hill  Offline
Wiseguy
Rejected from Witness Protecti...
Facism -- Alive and well in the United States of America and already in a neighbourhood near you.

"If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing"
Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159785
06/11/06 06:42 PM
06/11/06 06:42 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Why the automatic presumption of guilt here, and what's the problem with these detainees getting a fair trial?

The views in this thread of some of the members here don't surprise me - (the one-time schoolyard bully?.....Another who was the one the schoolyard bullies picked on and is now getting even by becoming part of the herd?) - but I'm really surprised that there are those whose views I respect (altho I may not agree with) also applauding the deaths of individuals who have been imprisoned without a trial or hearing.

Do you people really want the government to have the power to arrest and imprison anyone they wish to for any reason, without a trial?

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159786
06/11/06 07:23 PM
06/11/06 07:23 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
What took you so long Plaw to voice your opinions on this Plaw?

Quote:
They have expressed a commitment to kill Americans and our friends if released,"
= GUILTY IMHO

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159787
06/11/06 07:44 PM
06/11/06 07:44 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
What took me so long?

I was enjoying reading some of the posts as they becaame, I think, sillier and sillier.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
"They have expressed a commitment to kill Americans and our friends if released"
I might feel the same way if I was incarcerated for a few years without being charged, without a trial, without a lawyer to protect my rights, and without being able to communicate with those in the outside world.

So anyway, Mig, if someone is guilty in your opinion they're not entitled to a trial?

You're perfectly entitled to think they're guilty.

AAMOF, despite my dwindling confidence in our government's desire and ability to tell us the truth, I still have enough confidence to believe that most, if not almost all, of these detainees are guilty.

But that doesn't change the fact that I think they should all have their day in court and be proven guilty.

Especially if one of our goals is to set an example for the rest of the world that a democracy, in which everyone's rights are protected, is the best form of government that there is.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159788
06/11/06 08:00 PM
06/11/06 08:00 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Yea Plaw give these al-Qaida scum a fair trial. I just hope they find 'em all guilty.

Quote:
AAMOF, despite my dwindling confidence in our government's desire and ability to tell us the truth, I still have enough confidence to believe that most, if not almost all, of these detainees are guilty
It is so nice to know that you feel that way.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159789
06/11/06 09:12 PM
06/11/06 09:12 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Yea Plaw give these al-Qaida scum a fair trial. I just hope they find 'em all guilty.
All?

I understand that you believe them all to be guilty for no other reason than our government says that they are guilty, but would you want someone who is innocent to be found guilty?

I would hope that there is enough evidence to find guilty those who actually are guilty, and that those who are not guilty are set free.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159790
06/11/06 10:00 PM
06/11/06 10:00 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
but would you want someone who is innocent to be found guilty?
No I am not that cold hearted Plaw.

Quote:
I would hope that there is enough evidence to find guilty those who actually are guilty, and that those who are not guilty are set free.
Agreed.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159791
06/11/06 10:19 PM
06/11/06 10:19 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
But that doesn't change the fact that I think they should all have their day in court and be proven guilty.

The only day in court that they deserve is to face a firing squad!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159792
06/11/06 10:34 PM
06/11/06 10:34 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface.1:
Wow, the amount of racism in here is untrue and rather pathetic.
Right. Because we are advocating indiscriminate violence against Muslims, and I didn't specifically blame Islamic fundamentalism for 9/11.

What is pathetic is someone shouting 'racist' and then running away.

But keep going.

Quote:
"72 virgins" etc
Right. Because Islamic terrorists don't promote these heaven-bound rewards to their jihadists in hopes of inspiring them to martyrdom.

In all fairness, you're probably right, the 72 virgins thing is untrue.

I recently heard the translation may be incorrect, and it may mean 72 raisins.

Sorry for the confusion (I martyred myself and all I got was this lousy box of Sunmaid raisins). Though you have to admit, the girl on the box is rather attractive, in an American imperialistic slave sort of way.

Quote:
I found it funny how someone could use a Stalin quote to condem these torrorists, it basically sinks down to their level saying stuff like that.
I'm not sure what a torrorist is, but I find more hilarity in the fact that "condem"-ing (that's right - when you meet the 72 virgins, 'wrap-it-up,' lest you catch a disease from Allah’s rewards) of these torrirists is met with such anger.

I mean, you've admitted they are "torrists," but I thought the thread was "racist" and "untrue?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Henry Hill:
Facism -- Alive and well in the United States of America and already in a neighbourhood near you.
Ooh! The buzzword of the week is "facism." Now, if you can actually define that word, I'd be impressed. However, I suspect you've just thrown it in there because it sounded good, and it also conveniently makes you seem so much more intelligent since, after all, you've summed up the entire thread without refuting anything! Cheers!

Here's another one - ineptitude -- Alive and well across the world and clearly originating from a keyboard near you!
Quote:
Why the automatic presumption of guilt here, and what's the problem with these detainees getting a fair trial?
You're right, Plaw. What we need to do is be entirely fair with these people, and treat them with the religious and judicial freedoms they so truly deserve.

So, according to Shari'a law, what would their fate be? Stoning, or beheading? Because, last time I checked, there wasn't a whole lot of legal wiggle room for anything like deliberation, presumed innocence, or a jury of ones peers.

That would be fair, after all?

Quote:
The views in this thread of some of the members here don't surprise me - (the one-time schoolyard bully?.....Another who was the one the schoolyard bullies picked on and is now getting even by becoming part of the herd?) - but I'm really surprised that there are those whose views I respect (altho I may not agree with) also applauding the deaths of individuals who have been imprisoned without a trial or hearing.
Well, by all means please, divulge the identities of these members with whom you are in such universal "condem"-nation of! Though, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Now give me your lunch money.

Quote:
Do you people really want the government to have the power to arrest and imprison anyone they wish to for any reason, without a trial?
What a surprise! The slippery slope. The proverbial horse that has been ridden more than Seattle Slew.

Yes, I do think we need a Gulag...err...military prison for these non-POW's, non-US citizens for whom the Constitution nor the Geneva Convention applies.

Should I pull out that 'compassion for criminals' quote again? It never grows old.

But don't worry, Plaw. I don't think good 'ol G.W. is going to be knocking on your door, arresting you and throwing away the key without any fair trial anytime soon.

Quote:
What took me so long?

I was enjoying reading some of the posts as they becaame, I think, sillier and sillier.
Why the wait?

I mean, after all, I don’t think we’ve ever had to wait for very long before realizing your posts grew increasingly sillier as a thread aged. :p

Quote:
I might feel the same way if I was incarcerated for a few years without being charged, without a trial, without a lawyer to protect my rights, and without being able to communicate with those in the outside world.
Ding ding ding! Here is the kicker.

"My rights..."

"Without a trial..."

"Without being charged..."

I must have missed the part of the Constitution that said these enemies of the state were entitled to "rights." Of course, keep in mind that the same people who advocate "rights" for these terrorists (for shame! I didn't use any adjective to imply their obvious innocence...) are likely (though not always, qualifier!) the same people who support illegal immigrants receiving welfare, social security and other social program benefits without being American citizens!

I guess in either case, the Constitution applies to people who aren't American citizens...hmm.

So much for "we the people..."

Quote:
AAMOF, despite my dwindling confidence in our government's desire and ability to tell us the truth, I still have enough confidence to believe that most, if not almost all, of these detainees are guilty.

Especially if one of our goals is to set an example for the rest of the world that a democracy, in which everyone's rights are protected, is the best form of government that there is.
Why waste taxpayer money when, as you've stated, you think "most if not almost all of these detainees are guilty?"

And, should they go to trial, and they manage to find a loophole, or were treated unfairly and get a mistrial, or some other technicality, and they were set free, and then participated in a terrorist attack on America...whoa.

To quote another movie...

Anakin Skywalker: "He must stand trial!"

Mace Windu: "He's too dangerous to be left alive."

Perhaps if these people weren't terrorists (or connected to them), I might agree with you. But to deal with reason and fairness with this people will serve to do little, when they have sworn to kill our children, rape our women, and destroy our way of life, declaring absolute war on America.

And I'm sure we probably will end up seeing some sort of trials for these people, so Plaw, don't get all riled up. I just think that it would most likely serve the security and people of our nation better if we extracted as much information as possible from these animals, and then ordered them to start digging holes.

Quote:
Well, as someone said, the truth shall set you free.

As long as they keep telling us about their buddies in Al Qaeda, they'll be fine.

And then, we'll make sure they meet up with Allah one way or another.

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
The only day in court that they deserve is to face a firing squad!

Don't copy me, wannabe bully. You could never hang with me, and now you've disappointed your friends.

Now give me your lunch money. All of you.
Double-J

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159793
06/11/06 10:43 PM
06/11/06 10:43 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
The typical "we need to understand them" approach that some from the left constantly revert back to.

So if you feel that way then you must also feel that because these terrorists have been incarcerated for so long that they have the right to regularly attack the guards, pelt them with feces, urine, semen, and spit?

Tell me something, who represented Nick Berg at his sentencing trial?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159794
06/11/06 10:51 PM
06/11/06 10:51 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
DJ
You get one side of the building and fire away
DC
You get the other side and fire away

Now both of you give me your lunch money :p

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159795
06/11/06 10:53 PM
06/11/06 10:53 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Yes, I do think we need a Gulag...err...military prison for these non-POW's, non-US citizens for whom the Constitution nor the Geneva Convention applies.
There are many reasons to hold these dangerous terrorists. One of those reasons is that they provide us with a wealth of important information that we must continue to collect. But to make this happen, they need to be confined in a special facility away from everyone else where they can be controlled effectively and interrogated properly. Gitmo Bay fits these requirements in ways no other facility would. This high security prison is keeping extremely dangerous terrorists from killing more innocent Americans. That's the bottom line in my book. It is not a gulag or torture camp, it is a high security prison housing the scumbags who want to behead our people, blow up our buildings and destroy our way of life.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159796
06/11/06 10:54 PM
06/11/06 10:54 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
What took you so long Plaw to voice your opinions on this Plaw?...

Mignon, congrats on the line of the week! But didn't you know...all good things come to those who wait.

Quote:
...but I'm really surprised that there are those whose views I respect (altho I may not agree with) also applauding the deaths of individuals who have been imprisoned without a trial or hearing...
Well, since these particular individuals chose to take their own lives and did so in a planned, calculated manner...we may as well applaud (along with those whose views you respect ) their ingenuity and success.

If only thier fellow inmates would do the same. Alas, now with the bedsheets confiscated for most of the day, they'll have to come up with some other plan.

AppleOnYa
(President, Ann Coulter Fan Club)

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159797
06/11/06 10:59 PM
06/11/06 10:59 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

GIVE ME YOUR LUNCH MONEY!!!

ALL OF YOU!!!

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159798
06/11/06 11:07 PM
06/11/06 11:07 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
None of the clever and/or not so-clever quips managed to address the issue of presumption of guilt without a trial.

Actually, Mig's did, and only her comments deserve a measure of respect IMO.

So, once again, another thread degenerates.

Carry on, people.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159799
06/11/06 11:16 PM
06/11/06 11:16 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Oh, darn...I was so hoping just this once to be awarded a measure of respect.

Weren't you Double-J??? Don Cardi???

But there you go ... once again, the above-it-all, holier-than-thou attitude we've so grown to know & love.

Clever? Or not so clever? Only a fair trial will reveal the truth.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159800
06/11/06 11:35 PM
06/11/06 11:35 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Oh, darn...I was so hoping just this once to be awarded a measure of respect.

Weren't you Double-J??? Don Cardi???

But there you go ... once again, the above-it-all, holier-than-thou attitude we've so grown to know & love.

Clever? Or not so clever? Only a fair trial will reveal the truth.
Frankly, I'm tired of these neoimpeereealists not giving the torrorists a fair tryal. In fact, I condem Plaw for his silly post!

Give me your lunch money.
Double-J

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159801
06/11/06 11:36 PM
06/11/06 11:36 PM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:
None of the clever and/or not so-clever quips managed to address the issue of presumption of guilt without a trial.

Neither does your post, FYI.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159802
06/12/06 12:00 AM
06/12/06 12:00 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:

Carry on, people.
I rest my case.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159803
06/12/06 12:02 AM
06/12/06 12:02 AM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b] None of the clever and/or not so-clever quips managed to address the issue of presumption of guilt without a trial.

Carry on, people.
I rest my case. [/b][/quote]But...you've denied us a fair trial?

Oh, whatever shall we do?

*suicide*

I will haunt you for your lunch money.
Double-J

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159804
06/12/06 01:15 AM
06/12/06 01:15 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:

Is that all I get Plaw is just a measure? But thanks for that measure

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159805
06/12/06 02:52 AM
06/12/06 02:52 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Is that all I get Plaw is just a measure?
Well, it's a full measure

Quote:
I rest my case.
Quote:
But...you've denied us a fair trial?
No, I've only rested my case.

Anytime you're ready to address the issues, feel free.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159806
06/12/06 08:44 AM
06/12/06 08:44 AM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:
[b] I rest my case.
Quote:
But...you've denied us a fair trial?
No, I've only rested my case.

Anytime you're ready to address the issues, feel free. [/b][/quote]Forgive me...was that supposed to fit inbetween the part where we were called bullies, or where the argument was called "silly?"

I really am not sure.

Though for someone who now has "rested" their case twice, shall we await for an unprecedented third response?

Now give me your lunch money.
Double-J
Bully Pulpit

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159807
06/12/06 08:46 AM
06/12/06 08:46 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:

Why, because you don't happen to agree with the way that some of us feel about this issue? If I happen to feel strongly that these people do NOT deserve a trial for the reasons that I posted earlier, that makes this thread degenerate?

Here, I'll state my case for you once again :

Quote:

I think that we've had this debate several times in the past, that IMO these prisoners are NOT deserving of an American styled court of law trial. If anything, the best that they should get is a Military trial held in a Military tribunal somewhere in international waters. And even that's questionable because they do NOT represent any Flag, any government, or any tpe of governmental military established to defend or protect a country and it's people. So the Geneva Convention accords shouldn't even apply to these animals.

They are enemy combatants who have committed treason against this country or have taken part in plots or attempts to attack American soil or interests in one form or another. They are NOT citizens of this country and therefore they are not deserving of a trial under the Laws of the United States Of America.

These people are extremist fantatic vagabonds who's only goal in life is to attack and destroy ANYONE who does not succumb to their fanatacal extremist beliefs.
Quote:
There are many reasons to hold these dangerous terrorists. One of those reasons is that they provide us with a wealth of important information that we must continue to collect. But to make this happen, they need to be confined in a special facility away from everyone else where they can be controlled effectively and interrogated properly. Gitmo Bay fits these requirements in ways no other facility would. This high security prison is keeping extremely dangerous terrorists from killing more innocent Americans. That's the bottom line in my book. It is not a gulag or torture camp, it is a high security prison housing the scumbags who want to behead our people, blow up our buildings and destroy our way of life.
So because this is my view on this matter, and you don't agree with it, then according to you this thread has degenerated once again.

Hey, as our Don has pointed out to us this past week :

Quote:
Talk about "whatever" here - but please keep it respectable! If you don't like certain topics or particular members, please ignore them. If one feels that strongly about a particular thread, then that person shouldn't continue to read such threads...
....so if you don't agree, please don't accuse us of degenerating this thread. Just move on.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159808
06/12/06 08:49 AM
06/12/06 08:49 AM
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Please, Don Cardi. Spare us your racist, increasingly silly intimidation.

We all know you were a bully as a kid!

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159809
06/12/06 09:26 AM
06/12/06 09:26 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Yes, Don Cardi...instead of re-posting your articulate, intelligent thoughts on the matter, why don't you simply 'rest your case'.

That seems to be the latest form of arrogant, self-serving, self-indulgence on the BB.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159810
06/12/06 10:35 AM
06/12/06 10:35 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
[b]

Why, because you don't happen to agree with the way that some of us feel about this issue? If I happen to feel strongly that these people do NOT deserve a trial for the reasons that I posted earlier, that makes this thread degenerate?

[/b][/quote]No, it's degenerated because some people are more interested in making the thread a laugh-fest with a bunch of clever quips rather than address the issue of why they presume all of these detainees to be guilty without a trial.

As far as your opinion is concerned, DC, you are still not addressing the question. I understand why you think they don't deserve a trial, but that assumes first that they are guilty.

In fact, if I were completely sure that they were all guilty, I might even agree with you.

But since we don't know whether or not they are guilty without a trial, I don't understand how you can make that assumption without first giving them a trial.

Imprisoning these people without a trial or the airing of the evidene against them does nothing more than make people wonder whether or not there actually is any evidence, and provides even more anti-American political ammunition for our enemies and those who we are trying to convert to democracy.

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159811
06/12/06 10:48 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
So because this is my view on this matter, and you don't agree with it, then according to you this thread has degenerated once again.

Hey, as our Don has pointed out to us this past week :

"Talk about "whatever" here - but please keep it respectable! If you don't like certain topics or particular members, please ignore them. If one feels that strongly about a particular thread, then that person shouldn't continue to read such threads"

....so if you don't agree, please don't accuse us of degenerating this thread. Just move on.
No, this thread had degenerated because rather than address the issues and questions involved here, some choose instead to find humor in it and make jokes about it.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that you and I disagree here, and you know it doesn't.

And I certainly don't intend to "move on" simply because I may disagree with the opinions of others.

You don't like it that I said another thread was degenerating (something which you have said any number of times yourself in other threads)?

You don't agree with my opinions?

Then why don't you move on?

Re: 3 Guantanamo Inmates Hang Themselves #159812
D
Double-J Offline OP
Double-J  Offline OP
D

Quote:
But since we don't know whether or not they are guilty without a trial, I don't understand how you can make that assumption without first giving them a trial.
I think its probably more like the situation where a man shoots three people in broad daylight, there are at least two dozen witnesses, and the news story still has to say "alleged" murderer even though its obvious who the perpetrator was.

Quote:
Imprisoning these people without a trial or the airing of the evidene against them does nothing more than make people wonder whether or not there actually is any evidence, and provides even more anti-American political ammunition for our enemies and those who we are trying to convert to democracy.
Which brings into discussion whether its better to be fair, or to be feared.

I think, if I was running the country, in the case of terrorism, I'd prefer the latter.

Quote:
No, it's degenerated because some people are more interested in making the thread a laugh-fest with a bunch of clever quips rather than address the issue of why they presume all of these detainees to be guilty without a trial.
Was that before or after you called us (its obvious you implied myself, though I'll give you the benefit of a generalization before I "condem" you) and our arguments a bunch of silly bullies?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull