GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 520 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,437
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,429
Posts1,060,842
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1624
09/22/02 08:36 PM
09/22/02 08:36 PM
York, PA
Luca Brasi Offline
Underboss
Luca Brasi  Offline
Underboss
York, PA
Originally posted by PastaPunk:

Luca's right. I have to take it back. Not all men think with their "you-know-what"s... Some of them think with their stomachs. wink grin Men aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. *gives all the fellas a pat on the back*
Thanks Pastapunk I do love to eat that's the second best thing I can do with my mouth. lol lol

"He who fights with monsters should look at it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1625
09/22/02 08:54 PM
09/22/02 08:54 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Originally posted by Luca Brasi:
[QUOTE]I do love to eat that's the second best thing I can do with my mouth.
Luca, I'm all ears.....

Ok, pinching myself - back on topic...

#1 - I have always maintained there are different levels of love depending on where you are in your life. Some people go all their life in love with one person; some fall in love as often as changing clothes. Do you remember what puppy love felt in high school or college? Like you'd never love again - compare that love to the love you feel with a life partner later in life. And what about lust-love? Women think with their libido as well, it is not just men. Michael loved 2 different women in 2 different ways.

#2 - What was Michael's state of mind when he was in Sicily, after being through all he had been through. Ever hear of loving when emotionally vulnerable?

#3 - Who is to say one love in your life is better than another? Some people go through life with no good love in their life. Better more love than no love, I say.

And last point - I LOOOOOOVED the Sicily scenes. grin

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1626
09/22/02 09:08 PM
09/22/02 09:08 PM
Maryland
LucyMancini1 Offline
Associate
LucyMancini1  Offline
Associate
Maryland
I'm new!

Mike loved Kay, but he knew (rightfully so) that Kay would not fit into the lifestyle he was choosing when he told his father that he was with him now. Apolonia, having been born in Sicilly would have been familiar with the lifestyle and more accepting.

When he came back, I think he rightfully believed he was going to legitimize the family business. It's been a while since I read the book, so I could be wrong.

Whatya gonna do? Nice college boy huh? Don't wanna get mixed up in the family business? Now you wanna gun down a police officer because he slapped you in the face a little bit, huh? Whatya think this is the army, where you shoot 'em a mile away? You gotta get up close like this.. badaBING! you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit.
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1627
09/22/02 09:58 PM
09/22/02 09:58 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
Originally posted by pacino princess:
And I hope Whoopi Goldberg was not in Sicily
picking grapes because it would have been frightening.
lol lol lol !!!

Oh, God... I can imagine her picking grapes... GOD HELP ME! lol

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1628
09/22/02 09:59 PM
09/22/02 09:59 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
And, look! With that post, I'm a CAPO! YEAH! grin I'm happy. grin

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1629
09/22/02 10:13 PM
09/22/02 10:13 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Congratulations Anthony!!!! wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1630
09/22/02 11:09 PM
09/22/02 11:09 PM
Da Bronx
BronxKing Offline
Underboss
BronxKing  Offline
Underboss
Da Bronx
[Linked Image] Congratulations, Lombardi!! I would just like to state some things quickly again.
  • Mike returned from the war, he's now in the cold, dreary chill of New England, at an Ivy League school.
  • Now he was away from his family, his food and his women.
  • In his lonliness he falls in love with a college girl who just HAPPENS to be a W.A.S.P. because not many Italian girls are there.
  • Going with Kay is a result of the above as well as another act of rebellion against his father's traditions, and an effort to further distance himself from his family.
  • Kay was not just a different culture, she was a different race. Mike didn't slap her when she admitted the abortion, he slapped her when she spoke with contempt about "...this Sicilian thing!"
  • Mike told his father "I'm with YOU now", and that means in all ways.
  • Even if Apollonia would have had a moustache , she brought the life and fun out of Mike, and she would have understood the life of "The Family".
  • Mike resigned himself to Kay in order to have kids. There was affection but NO passion.
  • He was thinking with his penis with KAY in college, NOT with his beautiful Sicilian, funloving woman, the symbol (Tony D said it well) of the purity of the traditional Sicilian life.

I won't say more.But I cannot believe this thread even got started... And let me be even more frank just to show you that I'm not a hard-hearted man, and it's not all dollars and cents. She was beautiful; she was young, she was innocent. She was the greatest--HEY HEY ...here I go again...lemme getta holda myself...I gotta go. Sorry. wink

Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1631
09/23/02 09:56 AM
09/23/02 09:56 AM
Mena, Arkansas
Scarlett Offline
Underboss
Scarlett  Offline
Underboss
Mena, Arkansas
Enough men bashing! Come on ladies, not all guys think with their "lower brains", and you know a lot of women, and you know what I'm talking about, follow the "any" man is better than no man philosphy of life.

Michael was just a guy who fell for a beautiful young girl and then married her. After she was sadly blown to bits, he went back to the States, waited at least a YEAR, then showed up unexpectedly to reclaim his 2nd choice Kay, who made him a good wife.

Would we women have been as polite as the guys have been if any of them had said "Kay followed HER pee-pee and made the bad mistake of ending up married to Michael."?

"Life is so beautiful."

"Even the King of Italy didn't dare to meddle with the relationship of a husband and wife."

Don Vito Corleone
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1632
09/23/02 10:00 AM
09/23/02 10:00 AM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
And, look! With that post, I'm a CAPO! YEAH! grin I'm happy. grin
Hi,
Congrats Anthony.

Paul

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1633
09/23/02 06:24 PM
09/23/02 06:24 PM
Da Bronx
BronxKing Offline
Underboss
BronxKing  Offline
Underboss
Da Bronx
[Linked Image]
Originally posted by Scarlett:
Enough men bashing! ...Would we women have been as polite as the guys have been if any of them had said "Kay followed HER pee-pee and made the bad mistake of ending up married to Michael."?
Thanks... [Linked Image]

Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1634
09/23/02 07:41 PM
09/23/02 07:41 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
Grazie, everyone... For the warm congradulation! smile

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1635
09/23/02 07:43 PM
09/23/02 07:43 PM
DC
pacino princess Offline
Underboss
pacino princess  Offline
Underboss
DC
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
Grazie, everyone... For the warm congradulation! smile
Awwww..Anthony, you made it to capo..will you still be my friend even though you're high up there?.. blush confused
congratulations, my love.

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1636
09/23/02 08:30 PM
09/23/02 08:30 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou

Would we women have been as polite as the guys have been if any of them had said "Kay followed HER pee-pee and made the bad mistake of ending up married to Michael."?
Kay has a pee-pee? eek eek

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1637
09/23/02 08:37 PM
09/23/02 08:37 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
Originally posted by pacino princess:
Awwww..Anthony, you made it to capo..will you still be my friend even though you're high up there?.. blush confused
congratulations, my love.
Grazie, PP! My most loyal friend!

'Course, you'll still be my friend! Always and forever! lol grin wink

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1638
09/23/02 08:38 PM
09/23/02 08:38 PM
USA
PastaPunk Offline
Capo
PastaPunk  Offline
Capo
USA
LMAO!!! Not THAT kind of "pee pee". lol *regrets using the term "pee pee" in the first place* lol

I'm a girl, and I just want to have fun.
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1639
09/23/02 10:26 PM
09/23/02 10:26 PM
Mena, Arkansas
Scarlett Offline
Underboss
Scarlett  Offline
Underboss
Mena, Arkansas
Originally posted by Saladbar:
[b]

Kay has a pee-pee? eek eek [/b]
Sounds dumb calling it a "pee-pee" male or female,doesn't it? I was trying t make a point, that's all blush
blush

"Life is so beautiful."

"Even the King of Italy didn't dare to meddle with the relationship of a husband and wife."

Don Vito Corleone
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1640
09/24/02 01:01 AM
09/24/02 01:01 AM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
[QUOTE]Sounds dumb calling it a "pee-pee" male or female,doesn't it? I was trying t make a point, that's all blush
blush
just pulling your leg, i know what you meant wink . so i can honestly say i wouldn't say that Kay was thinking with her pee pee for marrying Michael grin . she wasn't really thinking too much about it which was her problem i think.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1641
09/24/02 02:41 PM
09/24/02 02:41 PM
Mena, Arkansas
Scarlett Offline
Underboss
Scarlett  Offline
Underboss
Mena, Arkansas
No Problem! smile

I kinda wonder if maybe she thought she was getting a bit up there age wise and there wasn't too many other offers coming her way so she just settled for him? ohwell

I mean really, he just disappeared for a whole year, didn't even try and contact her at all frown , then waits at least a yea or longer after he gets back to go and see her confused ! What would you have done?

"Life is so beautiful."

Don Vito Corleone
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1642
09/24/02 10:01 PM
09/24/02 10:01 PM
TX
Undule8 Offline
Button
Undule8  Offline
Button
TX
No Problem! smile

I kinda wonder if maybe she thought she was getting a bit up there age wise and there wasn't too many other offers coming her way so she just settled for him? ohwell

I mean really, he just disappeared for a whole year, didn't even try and contact her at all frown , then waits at least a yea or longer after he gets back to go and see her confused ! What would you have done?
Actually, I think he disappeared for 3 yrs! I wouldn't go back to someone who blew me off(and got married, although I guess she didn't know) for that long!

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1643
09/25/02 02:13 AM
09/25/02 02:13 AM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
No Problem! smile

i don't think she settled for him (she was only 21 at the time, still hope yet even during those times). i believe she really loved him and love is blind. he was that mysterious dark handsome (but not tall wink ) guy from her past that swept her off her romantic silly feet so she overlooked all the warning signs.

i can't think of a man that i would go back with after the dumped me for 3 years AND married someone else. but alas, i never was a starry-eyed kind of girl. there is at least one mysterious dark handsome guy in my past and i'm so thankful i am not married to him!

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1644
09/25/02 02:00 PM
09/25/02 02:00 PM
Pittsburgh, PA.
J
Jan Offline OP
Wiseguy
Jan  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
Pittsburgh, PA.
I agree with both Undule8 and Saladbar. I wouldn't have gone back to a man who left me and disappeared for three years either. As I said before, that's longer than I would wait for any man. I'm also glad to know that there are at least a few of us who sympathize with Kay and who aren't caught up in that "Apollonia was so perfect and beautiful" crap. To tell you the truth, I think that whole "thunderbolt" thing was crap too, and the scenes in Sicily in Part 1 are my least favorite.

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1645
09/26/02 12:29 AM
09/26/02 12:29 AM
TX
Undule8 Offline
Button
Undule8  Offline
Button
TX
Originally posted by Jan:
I agree with both Undule8 and Saladbar. I wouldn't have gone back to a man who left me and disappeared for three years either. As I said before, that's longer than I would wait for any man. I'm also glad to know that there are at least a few of us who sympathize with Kay and who aren't caught up in that "Apollonia was so perfect and beautiful" crap. To tell you the truth, I think that whole "thunderbolt" thing was crap too, and the scenes in Sicily in Part 1 are my least favorite.
Yep, Michael was horney and selfish...and I guess Kay was just ignorant.

...although I might go back for Al Pacino grin LOL

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1646
09/28/02 08:24 PM
09/28/02 08:24 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline
Underboss
Long Island, NY
I know i would not have gone with a man who left me after 3 years. Then, have the NERVE to tell me that he's been back for about a year without calling or writing! Am I suppose to believe that he needs me?? I will be a fool to believe that crap! Michael lied to her from the time he returned to Sicily! Its her fault for believing in that crap...

Send the car for me too, mama
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1647
09/28/02 08:41 PM
09/28/02 08:41 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline
Underboss
Long Island, NY
What really urked me was Kay coming over his PARENTS home trying to hunt Michael down. It showed Kay as a desperate woman. If ANY MAN ever told me that he did not know I will ever see him again and we are engaged, our relationship is over! and you he need not be alarmed that I will even try to contact him again.

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1648
09/28/02 08:42 PM
09/28/02 08:42 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
WOW! Yet another Phoebe Cates!! I'm going [Linked Image] Good avatar, deathkiss!

Regarding Kay...you're right. But who would've taken the poor plain Jane anyway?? She would've died an old maid. frown

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Kay and Apollonia #1649
09/28/02 09:02 PM
09/28/02 09:02 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline
Underboss
Long Island, NY
Originally posted by Snake:
WOW! Yet another Phoebe Cates!! I'm going [Linked Image] Good avatar, deathkiss!

Regarding Kay...you're right. But who would've taken the poor plain Jane anyway?? She would've died an old maid. frown
Thanks Snake,
You know if i had written the script or book, I think it would have been best if Michael met another woman to marry. I personally believe that the Appolonia junket was crap. And Kay, a mature and educated young lady, behaving the way that she did was not believable . I am sorry, I don't think Michael was truly in love with two different women in different ways. If he was truly in love with Kay, he would not have married Appolonia, regardless of the circumstances. And falling in love due to a 'thunderbolt' is a condition that was imagined in Mario Puzo's mind. Have any of you GF fans ever heard of it other than in the Godfather?
to me thunderbolt=sex not love

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1650
09/29/02 01:26 AM
09/29/02 01:26 AM
TX
Undule8 Offline
Button
Undule8  Offline
Button
TX
Originally posted by deathkiss:
What really urked me was Kay coming over his PARENTS home trying to hunt Michael down. It showed Kay as a desperate woman. If ANY MAN ever told me that he did not know I will ever see him again and we are engaged, our relationship is over! and you he need not be alarmed that I will even try to contact him again.
In the book she went over to the house after the police contacted her. The police told her about what Michael did, and she went over there to find out what's going on.

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1651
09/29/02 04:34 PM
09/29/02 04:34 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Originally posted by Undule8:
[In the book she went over to the house after the police contacted her. The police told her about what Michael did, and she went over there to find out what's going on.
that does put a different spin on it. i would want to know the truth for some closure on the affair. not that anyone would actually say yes, Michael is a murderer but you can assess how the household acts about the accusation.

Kay should have let it all go, but as i keep saying love can put blinders on even the smart ones.

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1652
09/29/02 08:25 PM
09/29/02 08:25 PM
TX
Undule8 Offline
Button
Undule8  Offline
Button
TX
Originally posted by Saladbar:
Originally posted by Undule8:
[b][In the book she went over to the house after the police contacted her. The police told her about what Michael did, and she went over there to find out what's going on.
that does put a different spin on it. i would want to know the truth for some closure on the affair. not that anyone would actually say yes, Michael is a murderer but you can assess how the household acts about the accusation.

Kay should have let it all go, but as i keep saying love can put blinders on even the smart ones.[/b]
Isn't that true about the blinders!

And actually, his Mom pretty much told her he was a murderer.

Re: Kay and Apollonia #1653
09/30/02 10:24 AM
09/30/02 10:24 AM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline
Underboss
Long Island, NY
I have to admit, Kay really fell hard for Michael. And I don't think she ever fell out of love with him. How many MARRIED women who will prance around the countryside with their ex? Kay was the only personal attachment Michael really had. Its a sad situation and in a strange way, I think they deserve one another.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull